River Wear Sunset.

Edit My Images
No

A sunset photo on the quayside on the River Wear from back in July.I've been to this location a number of times but never had very good weather conditions or the sunset has faded away at the last moment leave no colour. Its a great location which has a lot of potential so I will be returning and I just love the boats, although they can be difficult to shoot as they keep moving about!
1f642.png
:)

This shot needed two carefully stacked 'ND Grads' to hold back the bright sunset.​

River Wear, Sunderland.
D800, ISO100, 40mm, f11, 1/5sec.

Cheers

Simon

Looks like you got a good sunset there! Love the colours in it. Very pretty.

I don't like towns particularly, but this really is a very good photo that overcomes the lack of appeal for me. Really well balanced composition right down to the line of the clouds in the reflection and simply beautiful processing.

Looks like you got a good sunset there! Love the colours in it. Very pretty.

Cheer jazzycat, it was a good evening out. :)

I don't like towns particularly, but this really is a very good photo that overcomes the lack of appeal for me. Really well balanced composition right down to the line of the clouds in the reflection and simply beautiful processing.

I should use that as a quote, cheers Craig. I think a lot of little things came together for this one.....but it can be a bugger chasing the boats up and down the river with the tide! :)

Thanks.

Simon

Back