Critique RN Wessex 5

Edit My Images
No
An old lady in need of some TLC . Just a happy snap really, taken with the new iPhone 8+ and a little processing in the Lightroom App taken on the hoof....

Not much room to manoeuvre, but a framing a little tighter as a consequence. I would have liked to have a bit more space.

IMG_5553.jpg

Last edited:
You need a slower shutter speed. Can't see the prop blur.

On a serious note, it looks a bit too HDR for me. The photo is too modern for the subject of that makes sense.

The colours and the composition are nice, but it's maybe a touch too contrasty and crisp.

Perhaps soften it up a bit. You have great detail in the shadows though when viewed on my phone.

Last edited:
You need a slower shutter speed. Can't see the prop blur.

On a serious note, it looks a bit too HDR for me. The photo is too modern for the subject of that makes sense.

The colours and the composition are nice, but it's maybe a touch too contrasty and crisp.

Perhaps soften it up a bit. You have great detail in the shadows though when viewed on my phone.

Yes, fair comment but it was my intention to give this image a slightly edgy look and wanted to bring out the neglect and ageing of this old veteran. I appreciate that the HDR (look) is not to everyone’s taste but I think some subjects are mire suited to it.

I’m very pleased with the quality of the image quality of the new iPhone camera.

Sad to see them like this in a way, suprised she wasnt scrapped.
Nice shot of the old gal though(y)
Just wondering if my names in her 700 somewhere. Worked on these before I was drafted to Fixed Wing Squadron (892).

Really do like this shot and the vivid colours, only slight criticism would be the red stuff in the background (left), would it have been possible to have moved slightly to get that out of the way, or maybe clone it out. Appreciate that you could hardly ask them to move the chopper or the debris behind.
Matt

Really do like this shot and the vivid colours, only slight criticism would be the red stuff in the background (left), would it have been possible to have moved slightly to get that out of the way, or maybe clone it out. Appreciate that you could hardly ask them to move the chopper or the debris behind.
Matt

Thanks Matt, agree, the red object is a distraction. It’s just a happy snap really with a bit of light processing on an iPhone. It would be good if there was a way to ‘get rid’.

Shame about the tarpaulin and stuff, other than that the colours etc look good , just because the subject is old I don't thnk the style of the photo has to look old too IMO.

I'd missed the bit about being taken with a phone! Quite a remarkable photo in that case. You could think about importing and then processing in Photoshop or Elements?

Back