Roaches pre-dawn in Staffordshire

I can almost feel the ice cold wind across the Roaches - good one! I like the distant lights too.

It may be my screen, bit the snow does not look quite white, perhaps a tweak of the WB might help.

Chris

Brave man and a lovely image well worth braving the elements for.
I personally like the cool bluish tint in the snow it adds the picture for me !
It brings back memories of when I lived in Bleek Leek always colder there than other parts of the surrounding towns and villages ;)

Last edited:
Love it - like the slight blue tint as it adds to the coldness the image portrays.

cheers guys, the blueish tint was left as i too thought it added to the feel of coldness.Thanks for looking

It's an interesting comparison between the bleak, almost monochrome coldness of the foreground and the warm feeling of the light in the sky, but especially the lighting from the town. Makes me think of a brisk, freezing walk coming home to a nice warm log fire. It's pre dawn so I would expect the snow not to appear white. The cast is right for the time of day.

Well composed foreground leads you through to distant background,yes like it.
GEORGE.

Indeed well worth the trip out Dave, going off the sky it tells me that the rising sun never played ball, I do find it frustrating myself when the cloud is split like this, thanks for sharing
kevin

Thanks mate,you must make a visit up there sometime ,so many options for early morning and late evening light .

Last edited:
Like this Dave, a place that i've only been too a couple of times but on my to go to early morning list :)

Back