Edit My Images
Yes
both work well and the second is very colourful but I like the arches best

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Dirty

Nice rust colouring. Needs a rub with the Cillit Bang.

Stone

I really like them both. Prefer the second, but I am a sucker for Graffiti. But the first one is more in line with the theme.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
The arches ... thought it was brick at first, but no, it's stone blocks. Some interesting close-up detail.

Graffiti ... oh how 20 th C., thankfully.

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
I like both images, though talking of graffiti I would personally have cropped from the right on the arches to remove it from view.

OP
robj20
Edit My Images
No
I like both images, though talking of graffiti I would personally have cropped from the right on the arches to remove it from view.
Yes I had thought of that after posting it.
It's a tricky shot to get as immediately behind me is the river Irwell and around the viaduct there are lots of trees obscuring the views so very limited on a decent view.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Stone
I like the pov on your viaduct shot. Lots of detail in the stonework.

Cobra

Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Interesting PoV on the arches.
Although the graffiti does rather stand out

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
I think I prefer the graffiti shot.. it has more of a leading line perspective than the viaduct which makes me tilt my head :)

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Stone: I also prefer the arches and the graffiti on the right is fine for me, it adds a bit of social context to the image - nice 'gritty' scene.
Tall: a good take on the theme and the lighting is nice. But, the small white dots on the eye and lower chest (reflection of a light?) distract me a bit (the one on the chest is the brightest to me).

Last edited:
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Take me to your ruler!

A nice flip on the theme. I'd have been tempted to clean up the background a little, the shadow in the corner, but it's no big deal.

OP
robj20
Edit My Images
No
Stone: I also prefer the arches and the graffiti on the right is fine for me, it adds a bit of social context to the image - nice 'gritty' scene.
Tall: a good take on the theme and the lighting is nice. But, the small white dots on the eye and lower chest (reflection of a light?) distract me a bit (the one on the chest is the brightest to me).
Fixed, good spot.

OP
robj20
Edit My Images
No
I was going to do something like a tree from a really low angle, but a few have done similar and struggled to get out this week.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Tall

If you're an ant, then this is tall. I like the lighting, nothing seems to be blown out and the ruler was a good add.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Yep - love the not tall chap :)

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Tall - Everything is relative so still works with the theme, I get a bit distracted by the lighting at the foot/edge of the ruler. Don't know if you could have the figure looking at the ruler as an option.

Name
Heather
Edit My Images
Yes
Stone, despite loving a bit of street art/graffiti its the arches for me, the light is perfect and it is bang on theme..
Tall, ha ha great minds think alike.. nice take on the theme. Being really picky I probably would have edited out the shadows in the corner behind him and the reflections in his eyes and on his body apart from that it's got a thumbs up from me.

OP
robj20
Edit My Images
No
OP
robj20
Edit My Images
No
Pair, ive been doing as much walking as i can and right now these are my favourite pair.

Pair 2021-52-06
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
NO ENTRY ... nice find.

And that's the perfect way to capture a pair of shoes with OOF BG.