Robj20's 52 for 2021

Choice
Just to make sure everyone knows (as if barbed wire wasn't enough), do not enter.

Pair
Good pov,

Snappers Choice.. Someone definitely wants to keep you out. Nice spot.
Pair: That's definitely a pair - and comfy looking ones too.
Both nicely composed.

Snappers Choice
If I wrote the sign the unevenness of the lettering would always annoy me, especially the smaller section on the R. I think the barbed wire would be enough to stop me, unless it's very low and can be stepped over

Pair
The type of footwear you need for the recent weather, I always regret not wearing something more substantial after taking off a pair of waterlogged trainers!

Nothing amazing, really taxed my brain this one so was glad to have any idea at all. This was definitely all about the idea than the photography for me, i have no where to do these and have a decent background. Hope everyone gets the film, its one of my favourites as a child.

Depict a Film 2021-52-07
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Last edited:
Didn't get it sadly. However it amuses me to imagine your neighbours looking over the fence as you arranged these wondering WTH you were up to.

That film slipped past me. Rotten Tomatoes website was not very complementary about it.

I thought "Pumping Iron"? I assume it is a pump action air pistol? But clearly I was wrong.

That film slipped past me. Rotten Tomatoes website was not very complementary about it.

I thought "Pumping Iron"? I assume it is a pump action air pistol? But clearly I was wrong.
Its a CO2 8 shot magazine blowback semi auto pistol.

If you watch the film as a kid you'll love it.

Couldn't think of a film, thought of a few with Iron in it but not the correct one.

You have my sympathy regarding backgrounds, I really struggle with finding places to take a reasonable set up.

Nice gun, iron too. I don't think Ms d00d would be amused if I put her iron out on the patio like that. ;)

Had no idea on the film as I've never seen it but well done on getting your idea across to those that are familiar.

Film
It's not two objects that you would normally associated with each other. It does work for the film though.

Struggled with ideas for this theme, anything original anyway. Last minute go with my 28-200 and 10mm extension tube, wasn't easy getting what I wanted in focus, reminds me i really want a macro lens.

Half 2021-52-08
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Last edited:
Half
Nothing wrong with that. The strong yellow against the black works well.

I think you’ve done a great job, loads of lovely detail in both halves of the lemon, looks really nice on Flickr with the black background.
It's annoying how different photos look on here compared to Flickr, nine and dark and yellow on Flickr, washed out and brighter on here.

I like the colour & texture of the knobbly end bottom right. ;)

wasn't easy getting what I wanted in focus, reminds me i really want a macro lens.
Have you thought about trying image stacking rather than splash out of a macro lens?

Nice lemons :)

Have you thought about trying image stacking rather than splash out of a macro lens?

Nice lemons :)
I actually have done focus stacking before I just completely forgot about it.

I actually have done focus stacking before I just completely forgot about it.
That's the sort of thing I do ha ha! It's no easier getting it all in focus with a macro lens.

The colours work well and I like the textures you've got with the knobbly skin and the juicy cut surface.

Catch up time, Reflection and Rough.
I actually hate this time of year for photography its so difficult to find colour other than brown and grey. But here we are, not as sharp as i would like as they are handheld with rubbish light.

What caught my eye with this is its not actually supposed to be there just there from the amount of rain we have had.

Reflection 2021-52-09
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

This caught my eye, done some research and its pretty old and from the old railway line that went through here, which has some big history around it, think im going to go searching for more relics at some point.

Rough 2021-52-10
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Two themes well met.

Any idea what the sign used to say, I can't make it out.

Two themes well met.

Any idea what the sign used to say, I can't make it out.
I think it's something with a T O on the top line and I N T S on the bottom.

I quite like to moody reflection
2 nice catch up's.

Reflection
A good strong reflection, I like that the reflection in the water has a slight blue tint.

Rough
It hits the theme. I wonder if a straight on shot, filling the frame would have worked, it would have got rid the distracting twiggy bits in the background.

I like that reflection, bare trees are not all bad.

Rough sign ... yes I think you should have got in close, filled the frame with it, maybe shooting downward slightly including some green moss (?) on top.

Two on theme pics. You've had an awful lot of rain then?!

I reckon it is STOP something... looks like PRINTS ha ha!! Or maybe it's TO somewhere.

I think the viewpoint displays the rough texture probably better than a straight on shot.

Two on theme pics. You've had an awful lot of rain then?!

I reckon it is STOP something... looks like PRINTS ha ha!! Or maybe it's TO somewhere.

I think the viewpoint displays the rough texture probably better than a straight on shot.
Yes, a ridiculous amount, even finished off our roof on the house leaking in and ruining a newly decorated ceiling.
Sadly we also had someone die down in the river here last few days, don't know yet if it's someone jumping in or slipped.

Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to this week's now, fingers crossed the weather remains reasonable.

Yes, a ridiculous amount, even finished off our roof on the house leaking in and ruining a newly decorated ceiling.
Sadly we also had someone die down in the river here last few days, don't know yet if it's someone jumping in or slipped.

Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to this week's now, fingers crossed the weather remains reasonable.
Very sad that someone lost their life.

Yes fingers crossed for some drier weather for you! I don't know if you still live in Manchester. I used to live in Liverpool and Warrington and even there, they used to say it rained more in Manchester!

For me, this ticks the Low Key tech, but I'm not really getting smooth.

Not that it matters for the image, I can't work out quite what I'm looking at. The explanation might fill in the missing link to "Smooth"?

But, as a standalone image, it is very interesting and attractive. I would like a bit more depth of focus and there seems to be a dark band across the base.

For me, this ticks the Low Key tech, but I'm not really getting smooth.

Not that it matters for the image, I can't work out quite what I'm looking at. The explanation might fill in the missing link to "Smooth"?

But, as a standalone image, it is very interesting and attractive. I would like a bit more depth of focus and there seems to be a dark band across the base.
It's a Smooth glass weather thingy.
It tells weather depending how the crystals form. The dark band is correct for the image I used a green Lazer to provide the light and that's the light band in the middle. Looked better B&W though, it's underexposed by about 4 stops as well.

The glass looks smooth, but not the crystals inside. Nice for low key technique.

Pete

The glass looks smooth, but not the crystals inside. Nice for low key technique.

Pete
The formation actually means calm(Smooth) weather. I'll make it fit. Lol

Reflection
Really like the bottom half of the image, its interesting how a reflection is not always a true representation of the physical elements

Rough
Looks a great surface to create a rubbing from, how many of today’s structures will still be standing after the same number of years.

Smooth
A very interesting object, would be interested to see it illuminated from underneath

Back