Robj20's 52 for 2021

Lovely looking Orchids :)

It is indeed vibrant and colourful. And very much alive. Unlike most plants I go near.

Alive
Orchids do have lovely flowers. The whites are starting to get a little blown out in places and I'm not too sure about the background, maybe a dark or black plain background would be better. I do like the composition, with the flower stems running across the frame.

Beautiful flower. Whites do look a little blown on here but it's better on flickr - teetering on the edge for me though.

gorgeous flowers, great colours

Alive
Nice flower, does look better on Flickr, I think it would benefit from a less contrasting background. How does it look shooting from above towards the ground maybe in portrait orientation?

I really like the way the plant wanders along the long frame.

Such pretty flowers. It is one of those tricky white subjects on dark backgrounds. You can see the veins of colour, so I suspect you might be able to eke out a bit more detail if it's a raw file.

Really liked this one, its heavily cropped and still looks good i think. Easter isnt anything special for me, what does sum up Easter is i find im always lucky with the weather and this was certainly the case here.

Easter 2021-52-13
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

This one sums up the start of Spring for me, weather really starting to get nicer enough to get the young one in the park to play.

Spring 2021-52-14
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Hi Rob

The youngster certinaly looks like he has a spring in his step and has a great expression on his face.
Easter, Nice colour in the tulips, could taking it from a slightly different angle seperated the 2 flowers ?

Pete

Hi Rob

The youngster certinaly looks like he has a spring in his step and has a great expression on his face.
Easter, Nice colour in the tulips, could taking it from a slightly different angle seperated the 2 flowers ?

Pete
It would separate them but the background was no where near as pleasing.

Easter - there is some nice texture in the petals.
Spring.. great shot. His stance and expression are very determined!

Week 15 - Snappers Choice, just liked the colours of the grasses and the texture of the rock in this. cant grumble at a nice moody sky either.

Snappers Choice 2021-52-15
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Week 16 - Out and About, i was waiting for the sun to go behind a cloud for ages for this one, was getting lots of light rays this morning so couldn't resist. The tree really caught my eye as well.

Out and About 2021-52-16
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Last edited:
Snappers choice
I agree with you on the colours and textures. The grass is a gorgeous golden tone.

Out and about
You were right to wait. The sky is really nice here. Even though you've shot into the sun (well in the sun's direction), you haven't lost the details in the dark area.

You've caught the suns rays really well here and it works really well with the tree being prominent too.

Mother of all catch-ups part 1. Been really busy with a few things recently, house work, work, and dealing with the newborn, but i have started to catch up again.

First up is Shapes Week 17, I walk past this so many times a day and after thinking about the theme Shapes it finally caught my eye with its circles and hexagons, two shapes for one.

Shapes 2021-52-17 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Numbers for week 18 on a rare walk recently this caught my eye.

Numbers 2021-52-18 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Toys Week 19, nothing exciting here, little guy always puts his next to "daddies oover"

Toy 2021-52-19 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Artificial Week 20, this is in the park next to the house, lots of things like this to show the history of the mining.

Artificial 2021-52-20 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Patterns Week 21

Patterns 2021-52-21 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Up-Close Week 22, just messing about in the garden, he always gets in close as soon as you point a camera at him.

Up Close 2021-52-22 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Personal Week 23 (Negative Space)

Personal 2021-52-23 (Negative Space) by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Green Week 24, gave up waiting for nice weather, its moody at green and moody at least.

Green 2021-52-24 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Snappers Choice Week 25

Snappers Choice 2021-52-25 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

That's it for now but i'm working on the rest so stay tuned for part two. Hopefully get some more interesting ones rather than just snaps.

Week 26 - Looking Down, one of my favourite herbs, Rosemary.

Looking Down 2021-52-26 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Week 27 - Indigenous, Lady Bird wasnt playing ball and would not turn round no matter how long i waited.

Indigenous 2021-52-27 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Week 28 - Plant, Trees are a plant.

Plant 2021-52-28 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Week 29 - Dominating.

Dominating 2021-52-29 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Week 30 - Snappers Choice & HDR Tech, I don't like overdoing HDR but this is my attempt, pulled out all the shadows.

Snappers Choice 2021-52-30 (HDR) by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Last edited:
I really like this, the tech has given it a very ethereal feel. Love the colours of the crocosmia and background.

I really like this, the tech has given it a very ethereal feel. Love the colours of the crocosmia and background.
Thanks. I also now know what they're called. I was amazed how much of a gap you could have and not completely white out the picture, was holding the lens about an inch away from the camera mount for that.

Agree pretty much with Jim. The colours are really nice and the soft focus works really well.

I really like that effect. It has a dreamlike quality.

Great effect with the free lensing, I see you like the car wash products like I do. That's another expensive game!

Great effect with the free lensing, I see you like the car wash products like I do. That's another expensive game!
Yes, though im cutting back massively and make use of shampoos with sealant or wax in them these days, or at least spray on jetwash off type sealants.

Nice walk along the canal, they're unnatural aren't they, love that its a blanket of green as well.

Unnatural 2021-52-36 by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Canal is very much unnatural and I quite like how - with this image - it looks like Nature is trying to take it back. Works well.

Works for me. not sure I'd want to try to navigate a narrow boat along there, it certainly does look like nature is reclaiming it.
Thanks. Its got a really interesting history.

Its a great walk exploring the local bits, some easy to find some not much left other than the edging stones.

Back