ROBW_UK 2020 52 Thread - week 14 Time

Week 1 - Local Interest (and silhouette). Pelsall Fingerpost (more local interest where I was born & raised rather than where I Live now but am visiting my parents)

DSC00865 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

Agreed. good use of the low perspective and a touch of Dutch angle too.
The sun behind (but slightly to the side of) the post works, especially in giving the silhouette and that is an unusual post isn't it. :)

Thanks all. The area was always called the fingerpost. Don't know if all of it is original but think the post and signs are, the fingers being added more recently

Nice start to your 52, difficult lighting, but you did well with it :)

Well that is definitely an interesting sign. Nice start - look forward to seeing more.

Interesting signpost and good silhouette. Pity about the modern street lamps in the background ;)

Interesting hobby(s) you have there Robert (y)

Nice shot, great DOF there, :)

That's impressive, I never knew kits like that existed !
I was wondering how you'd got the National Gallery like that.
What do they represent on the 4th plinth ?

I love the first shot across the square.

if the 4th plinth is the one to the left rear as you look at the National Gallery then it is an egg! There were spare statues so could have a person I guess

I like first shot at street level. A hobby that brings pleasure to a lot of people.

My Christmas present this year was the Saturn V rocket - it's taking a while, but definitely enjoying it. It'll have to feature here in some topic when completed...

Great use of DOF really makes this shot, like the POV aswell.

Great images Robert. Just a personal thing I would have cloned the lampposts either side out as they are a little distracting but love the low level viewpoint. Your Lego shot is really interesting.
of course, as it is Lego I could just remove them while I take the photo... thanks for the comment

Nice angle and got the tech in too, good start Robert.
Agreeing with @Dave70D, good start to your 52!!
Welcome to the 52, Robert.! I really like the low perspective and the angles you picked here - you're off to a great start (y)
Agreed. good use of the low perspective and a touch of Dutch angle too.
The sun behind (but slightly to the side of) the post works, especially in giving the silhouette and that is an unusual post isn't it. :)
Hi Robert, great for the theme and an unusual sign post.
Great start to your 52 Robert!(y)

I do like the silhouette and the unusual angle really works!
I like that little bit of flare too!
An excellent image of a striking and interesting subject!
an unusual sign, the low PoV really works.
Interesting pov, which I quite like.
Nice start to your 52, difficult lighting, but you did well with it :)
Well that is definitely an interesting sign. Nice start - look forward to seeing more.
Interesting signpost and good silhouette. Pity about the modern street lamps in the background ;)
Great opening image for your 52 nice PoV and a interesting signpost
Got a few ideas for this week's theme but in the end, resort to Mrs rpn's help again. This is one of her Pleasurable pastime playing Sudoku.

I set the aperture to the maximum at f1.4 to blur out both the foreground and background and to have just the main subject (book) in focus however, I missed the focus even so slightly. I like to have the tip of the pen in sharp focus but at such a wide aperture, the depth of field is very limited.

Week 02 - Pleasurable

Pleasure by Stan, on Flickr

Thanks all for the feedback

Interesting hobby(s) you have there Robert (y)
Very creative image Robert!(y)
Excellent use of DoF, and I like the 'double-decker bus'...nice touch!
Just enough detail in the background to make out the National Gallery too.
Hi Rob, great idea and an interesting hobby, most unusual.(y)
That's an unusual and clever take on the theme. Without reading your narrative I have no idea what it is.
Interesting take on the theme. Cool hobby!!
Nice shot, great DOF there, :)
That`s a cool shot Rob, use to love lego as a child. Have just finished making a police car and fire engine as I have some lego figures too.

I like first shot at street level. A hobby that brings pleasure to a lot of people.
My Christmas present this year was the Saturn V rocket - it's taking a while, but definitely enjoying it. It'll have to feature here in some topic when completed...
Good take on the theme Robert you can not beat a bit of Lego!
Had to give it a double take but reading this a good angle on the theme.
Great images Robert. Just a personal thing I would have cloned the lampposts either side out as they are a little distracting but love the low level viewpoint. Your Lego shot is really interesting.
Great use of DOF really makes this shot, like the POV aswell.

Thanks all. I know the photo Line didn't scream PLEASURE but hope the narrative allows me to (just) get away with the shot

Back