ROBW_UK 2020 52 Thread - week 14 Time

Great shot, especially considering it was with a phone! :)

Very atmospheric. She looks very alone up there - which helps the mood along nicely,

Great shot from a phone. I have the same phone and I have to say the camera is pretty good in the right conditions.

Like your last two entries.
The McDonald's cup works well, looking well-bleak to be sure.
Snapper's - great capture, suits B/W too.

Great shot really like the composition and the mono conversion.

That Lauren Jenkins shot is spot on, very atmospheric and the B & W processing suits it very well. I had to Google her as I have never heard of the singer before, seems she has a good following over this side of the pond.

Wild - wooly weather this week. Had hoped to get down to the prom @ Blackpool but the course needs more work than I had thought. Quick walk last night, strong wind meant nothing stood still (not even trees) so went for "wild movement of reeds due to wild weather"... bit tenuous

DSC01032 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

Its not easy trying to depict wild weather, in this format.
But you made a good job of it Robert (y)

That works well, it shows movement and with the trees in the background seeming more stationery, it shows the wind was blowing.

Yep - movement working well.

this is NOT the shot for this week as it is way too old (7+years) but was the conecpt I wanted for this. Unfortunately I cant find the red 3-d jigsaw I used so back to the drawing board....

heart by Robert Worth, on Flickr

Hi Robert,
Liking the shot for Discarded. Simple with a good strong lead in line.
Fab image for your snappers choice. Very impressive when viewed large on Flickr. Great detail and very little noise.
Wild has worked very well and feels very windy to me.
Nice archive shot for Broken. Good use of negative space and lighting.

official "BROKEN" shot - latch on our gate. Some post-processing to add a bit of grit (I hope) - Sony A7 + Flektogon 35mm f2.4 lens

latch2 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

Wild - I agree there is a lot of movement in this image good effort on capturing the weather.
Broken - looks better on flicker where I can see it all on my screen

Wild - works very well, I was thinking along the same lines but just couldn't get out in a dry spell to capture it. the movement is really nicely captured.

Broken - Another nice image, I think you chose the right one for thew theme. Plenty of texture in there and it does suit the colour processing.

I like the angle you've taken this at a bit different some nice texture in there. I agree try a B&W conversion too.

Inspiration for improving my ABILITY with a camera. The Flora Photographica book is a beautiful study of floral photography - great inspiration i need to learn more from, and 1 photo is one of mine - the only one I have had published

DSC01083 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

Good composition, colourful and smack on theme. Like a good library.

Good colours and set up for the ability shot, it's been a difficult theme for sure!

Lots of reading material you've got there. A good composition and we'll lit.

I really like this, a lovely drift of snowdrops that lead you right through the image. Nice colours and well balanced light

Nice shot of the Snowdrops - although I associate them with Spring.

Back