Rock Pipit - Chew Valley Lake

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I think the species ID is correct but happy to be corrected. The light was dreadful, flat and dull as dishwater so there's quite a big contrast boost. The bird was quite obliging though.
Shot with Nikon D7200 with 300mm F4 PF and TC17-II

DSC_4248 by Mike D, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yeh, ID is right. A tad central and I'd clone out that stray twigs etc in the top and bottom left corners to clean it up but other than that, quite a pleasing take.

Very misty today so I feel your pain ... nice capture though with the 300 + 1.7 - agree on the cloning :)

Thanks guys. To be honest, I'm less bothered about the twigs on the left than the one going through the bird's head. :)

Your profile allows for your images to be edited, so I did a quick edit to show the difference. Please feel free to delete.

21419545914_2ce6ca02c0_b.jpg

No problem with tinkering with it. Thanks for the attempt but it still leaves the part under the bird's throat which is a bit more difficult to delete cleanly. I could go on photoshopping it ad-infinitum but in the end it's a photo of a wild bird in the field with a bit of foliage around it so sooner or later you have to leave it alone.

Back