Rocks and surf

I like it, almost abstract. I'd be tempted to crop a bit more off the top, either just above the top left rock or just below it.

I really like it, although i think sirch has something with the top crop suggestion, as I scrolled down and the top disappeared from my screen, it improved it to my eyes.

I think that for 'rocks and surf' something, usually the rocks, needs to be differentiated or in focus. But the light is stunning. If you just went wild with this and did the whole Pictorialist thing of soft focus and split toning it could look amazing.

I like it, almost abstract. I'd be tempted to crop a bit more off the top, either just above the top left rock or just below it.

Thanks Chris

I really like it, although i think sirch has something with the top crop suggestion, as I scrolled down and the top disappeared from my screen, it improved it to my eyes.

Thanks Chris

I wouldn't crop any of that golden light as that really makes the shot IMHO.

Thanks Peter

I think that for 'rocks and surf' something, usually the rocks, needs to be differentiated or in focus. But the light is stunning. If you just went wild with this and did the whole Pictorialist thing of soft focus and split toning it could look amazing.

Interesting point of view

That is not something I would consider

Sorry. As a subject this needs some horizon and sky. These pictures of the ground with nothing in the distance do nothing for me.

Me, I'd delete and move on.

No real surprise Steve

Something offered when a photograph isn't in focus or the camera is moving, get rid of one or the other and my comment is redundant.

The shot is in focus and the camera was still

A shot from last summer on Parton beach at sunset that did not deliver much colour.
I decided to exclude the sky from this what do you think?

Parton rock and wave by Alf Branch, on Flickr

I think that it could work but I would also want to compare it with the other frames that you probably took at the same time. One bit I dislike here is the top left corner with that bright messy wave. I think your top should be free from bright elements as they move the attention out. Or at least crop into it. Anything it takes.
Then it needs a boost in contrast mainly in the highlight side. Then perhaps some selective dodging and burning to lead focus.

A black and white may be worth to consider as the colours here are rather secondary.

No no no no no and no

I think that it could work but I would also want to compare it with the other frames that you probably took at the same time. One bit I dislike here is the top left corner with that bright messy wave. I think your top should be free from bright elements as they move the attention out. Or at least crop into it. Anything it takes.
Then it needs a boost in contrast mainly in the highlight side. Then perhaps some selective dodging and burning to lead focus.

A black and white may be worth to consider as the colours here are rather secondary.

Thanks some interesting points I will look at some of those things it was an experiment as the shy was not adding anything and the wave was completely different to the rest I shot in this spot. I never managed what I wanted so tried an abstract view

Sorry. As a subject this needs some horizon and sky. These pictures of the ground with nothing in the distance do nothing for me.

Me, I'd delete and move on.

I disagree with this comment. Not all seascapes need a horizon or a sky!

The amazing photographer Rachael Talibart has many stunning images without either otherwise we'd all be looking at generic images.

The lack of visuals for scale etc add more to the image if you ask me. It's gives it an abstract appeal that makes you ponder and wonder more. I love the mixture of texture in the image, love the light on the sea and the rocks at the bottom that are like fingers drawing you in.

I'd be proud to have taken this.

Back