Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
So went back to Llanddwyn Island with no real idea of what I wanted to capture. So did a little experimenting and here's the results. One thing I will add, the Cokin filter I own have to go, the colour cast is very hard to correct, it's compounded if you say have a .3 ND and then add a grad. The second image is off, so that's going mono at some point.

Rocky 1
by Mr Drizz, on Flickr

Rocky 2
by Mr Drizz, on Flickr

Rocky 3
by Mr Drizz, on Flickr

Lines
by Mr Drizz, on Flickr

Last edited:
2 is a lovely shot - I have to say I quite like the purple cast, even if it is undesirable. Adds a bit of an apocalyptic feeling.

So I tried reediting the second picture, couldn't get the colour right so defaulted to mono, which I do really like.

Wet Works
by Mr Drizz, on Flickr

I really like the first mono, and I like the composition of the second one but for me the cast kind of ruins it a bit, but I guess that's a taste thing. The mono re edit of it is nice tho I think it might benefit from a slightly softer approach with the clouds as it feels like they're competing a bit with the lower half.

The last two for me.... "Lines" with the cast removed, and as Stuart said a little backing off of the clouds in the last Mono.
A nice soggy foot set Mark!
At least the Mono conversion saves you removing the cast. But it does look quite nice as a Mono.
I think so ;)
Oh yes we do!:)

Apart from the obvious colour balance issues the last one really is a nice shot. Spot on length of exposure too. The third suffers from a bit of gradation at the top of the rocks and haloing but the second is a rather nice shot, possibly could have got lower and included more beneath the rock than we are seeing?

Apart from the obvious colour balance issues the last one really is a nice shot. Spot on length of exposure too. The third suffers from a bit of gradation at the top of the rocks and haloing but the second is a rather nice shot, possibly could have got lower and included more beneath the rock than we are seeing?
Thanks Craig. I could have gotton low but not by much. Not without drowning the camera [emoji1]

Regarding the expsure. Thanks. I do have a tendency to leave it too long and losing the energy in the water.

Back