Roe Buck in the long grass

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
This young fella couldnt resist checking me out

roe%20buck-41.jpg

Very sweet capture, David, I dig that!

By Gum, you must have been on the ball to get that one.

Don't suppose he hung around for many seconds...

Quality shot.

Mj

Stunning image. Would look good framed and hung on a wall.

Gorgeous close-up shot. How close where you? Can you tell us a bit about the moment. Where you on foot or in a hide? Did it approach or did you get close? I'm interested is all.

I knew there was a family of deer in this area and had seen a doe there a couple of days earlier but no camera with me, waited for some good light and knew the sun would be behind me at about 3 pm, got into a good position and waited a couple of hours before this one came through the woods in a different place so used my stalking experience to get around him into position. stood stock still and eventually he worked out something was there but Roe are very inqusative and he couldn't resist trying to see what I was, with wind in my face he eventually presented me with the shot.

I knew there was a family of deer in this area and had seen a doe there a couple of days earlier but no camera with me, waited for some good light and knew the sun would be behind me at about 3 pm, got into a good position and waited a couple of hours before this one came through the woods in a different place so used my stalking experience to get around him into position. stood stock still and eventually he worked out something was there but Roe are very inqusative and he couldn't resist trying to see what I was, with wind in my face he eventually presented me with the shot.

You've basically outlined the most underrated aspect of wildlife photography - field craft. We can have all the gear we want but without field craft (and patience) the shots will always be average. Great shot. You earned it.

You've basically outlined the most underrated aspect of wildlife photography - field craft. We can have all the gear we want but without field craft (and patience) the shots will always be average. Great shot. You earned it.

Amen!!

and just beautiful David. It really is one of my favourite deer shots I've seen in some time. love the grasses in the foreground and the background. sharp as ya like... it's just fabulous David!! could you post up some techs please: gear used and settings. Cheers buddy deer are on my mind alot at the moment so your shot is incredibly inspiring

take care

Stu

Great portrait type shot showing plenty detail.
GEORGE.

Sorry have been away for a while so not seen posts

Lens was 600mm canon with mk 1v body

Back