Roe Buck

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
They are not looking there best at the moment .

url= View: https://flic.kr/p/2iHE2xo
]
49698153376_44140acab7_b.jpg
Roe Buck[/URL] by John, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've just seen my first buck loosing velvet john I was starting to think you were in front of us,but it looks like my lot are right behind yours. Mate only one niggle fella is a bit low in frame,can I ask where the active FP is please?

Nice mate they really can be so curious,i like the light shame it's not catching the lower reaches but tis lovely all the same.

take care buddy TFS

stu

Agree with being low in the frame ,only ever use center point focus and he was filling the frame ,no excuse as i have moved to back focus so could have re-framed after focus was set. Afraid i stop thinking when i start to press that button .The sun had only just come up so was a bit harsh on his side ,we surprised each other but he did spend some time with me as he walked up and down the bank having a good look at me until i started getting the shakes holding the camera and had to lower it.

Glad you have got out and found some of yours ,keep safe mate.

John Ii thought you might say that about center FP,a little tip that I do with deer : before you start pressing the shutter and everything starts to get hectic at the point you have half a sniff a deer might come close move the active FP ( or group up to the top. Deer close in landscape mean I almost always do the above and frame low and cut legs off, Bud, it's not an ideal workaround ideally the FP's want moving again left or right dependent on subject movement, But it gives one a much better chance in those few hectic seconds when roe are up close . John this is hard make no bones I suffer the same mentality at shutter press. I think one's focus on the subject is so damn intense it's hard concentrating on the camera.

John as you know I make a fair amount of deer images in portrait as well, Fundamentally the deer has come so close landscape is barely an option,I always have portrait active and always set the active FP right up top in the middle. So when I flip the camera with a deer under me nose I'm almost inavriably ready and don't have to adjust FP's too far.

A tiny little thing that can oft make a real difference to the image/s one brings home. I do this with close hares too mate, No one has taught me this so it might be considered wrong John I simply don't know.

Every thing in this game gets condensed into seconds, those seconds can oft be the only chance in a day especially with roe It's so hard when one doesn't make the shot,have a try see how it works John

all the luck

stu

Back