Roe close up and hiding

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Another Nice Roe pic . Just a bit more blur on the background would of helped , I am not put off by the grasses in front as some maybe , as to me it`s very typical of how most of us are likely to catch a glimpse of Roe Deer . A bit bright on the highlights for me , but again just an opinion .

Another Nice Roe pic . Just a bit more blur on the background would of helped , I am not put off by the grasses in front as some maybe , as to me it`s very typical of how most of us are likely to catch a glimpse of Roe Deer . A bit bright on the highlights for me , but again just an opinion .
Bright sunny morning. Sorry it's not to your liking

I shot wide open . So not much I can do about the blur in the BG

Shame you took my comments the way you have , where did I say it`s not to my liking ? Far from it . I may of misunderstood the reasons for posting photos here , is it not for people to give an opinion and offer ways in which you might improve it . I did not take Umbridge when you said the one and only photo I posted here was underexposed , it`s your opinion and I was grateful you took the time to comment . As far as your photos go , will keep my opinions to myself from now on . Friendly bunch here aren't you .

Shame you took my comments the way you have , where did I say it`s not to my liking ? Far from it . I may of misunderstood the reasons for posting photos here , is it not for people to give an opinion and offer ways in which you might improve it . I did not take Umbridge when you said the one and only photo I posted here was underexposed , it`s your opinion and I was grateful you took the time to comment . As far as your photos go , will keep my opinions to myself from now on . Friendly bunch here aren't you .
So you really like it apart from the background, highlights and grasses in front?
You say you're not put off as much as some by the grasses in front, yet you're the only one to have mentioned it?
:)

So you really like it apart from the background, highlights and grasses in front?
You say you're not put off as much as some by the grasses in front, yet you're the only one to have mentioned it?
:)
If your going to quote me do it properly and don`t twist what I have said . I am the only one who commented at that point for a start so how could anyone else have mentioned it ? And I said MAYBE put off , big difference to what you said . I thought it was going to be nice spending time here . And your smiling whilst you said this ?

If your going to quote me do it properly and don`t twist what I have said . I am the only one who commented at that point for a start so how could anyone else have mentioned it ? And I said MAYBE put off , big difference to what you said . I thought it was going to be nice spending time here . And your smiling whilst you said this ?
Ok then, Why would you think some may be put off by the grasses in front if you're not?
It's an odd thing to say if it's not an issue.
The smiley means it's kinda tongue in cheek.

Ok then, Why would you think some may be put off by the grasses in front if you're not?
It's an odd thing to say if it's not an issue.
The smiley means it's kinda tongue in cheek.
A lot of Wildlife photographers look for clean unspoilt images , ie clean backgrounds uncluttered foregrounds , non distracting elements , that`s why so many people clone stuff out , that`s another argument that will continue to be right or wrong till the cows come home . The fact that the background is not a soft blur , and that there are grasses in front of the face will be an issue for some , I know this as I have had my own photos battered for similar in the past , and that`s the point I was making , that some like you have totally miss read . The grasses in front don`t bother me , it tells the story of the photo as it was taken , and for me how a photo should be . It would of been nice if the background was more out of focus , but as he said , he was wide open and if the background was close to the Deer it would be hard to blur with out interfering with it in development , that`s fair enough . I have been accused of being a perfectionist more than once , I am not , my photos would tell you that , but it is what I strive for , and if I achieved it all the time , I guess I wouldn`t enjoy it anymore . I am quite happy to take pointers to help me achieve that though . Perhaps that makes me a little odd , but I don`t see it that way .

Back