Roe Deer Buck - Somerset Levels

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Patrolling his territory and stopped to admire a Photographer sat in the grass :)

see below - image removed strange artefact's

Thanks for looking

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha well done Les nice to see one of our little natives posted at this time of year I might add one meself later.........................always tricky to get an image of roe so it's always cool seeing a roe image. Curious little guys aren't they

Les I don't know what's gone here but to me the image looks weird??? Sharps maybe on the deer it'self maybe a bit crunchy and also the blue tones to the veggies are throwing me a bit. Les I haven't got the expertise to say more this frame doesn't look to my eyes like what I normally see from you mate no idea why:LOL: but there ya go.

TFS

stu

Like Stu ...actually probably less educated to judge , but the Deer looks a touch over sharpened , and the greenery looks a bit grainy and washed out . Love the composition though and the look he is giving you . There are not any Roe in my local patches and so I tend to only see them when I go on holiday . So it`s nice to see yours and other peeps pics of them . He has a nice set of antlers too .

Ha well done Les nice to see one of our little natives posted at this time of year I might add one meself later.........................always tricky to get an image of roe so it's always cool seeing a roe image. Curious little guys aren't they

Les I don't know what's gone here but to me the image looks weird??? Sharps maybe on the deer it'self maybe a bit crunchy and also the blue tones to the veggies are throwing me a bit. Les I haven't got the expertise to say more this frame doesn't look to my eyes like what I normally see from you mate no idea why:LOL: but there ya go.

TFS

stu
Like Stu ...actually probably less educated to judge , but the Deer looks a touch over sharpened , and the greenery looks a bit grainy and washed out . Love the composition though and the look he is giving you . There are not any Roe in my local patches and so I tend to only see them when I go on holiday . So it`s nice to see yours and other peeps pics of them . He has a nice set of antlers too .

I have no ideal- may be a Flickr thing- I've changed the original image to a different hosting site - how's it look now?

Les :)

I think improved as well Les but still for me not right . It's hard without a side by side comparison,it still looks over sharpened or something???? Also doubly puzzling because I commented on maybe 3 or so other images from you last night( jealous of all the bigger deer images appearing:LOL:) and none of the others show the same characteristics.. Les i'm no expert on post I really wish I could help more but I'm stumped .....is it a crop or maybe a bigger crop than you normally show? Les every now and then I see a mammal image where the light colour hairs look too thick for the size of beastie as displayed......... what I mean by that is that i'm looking at an image say with a 4 1/2 inch deer if I took that 41/2 inch high deer and made it life size the hairs would be too thick. I nearly got to share a roe last night ,a portrait I made sunday eve,one of those silly nuts encounters I get with roe every now and then. She was really close Les really close !! I've just now stared at her again she's much closer than yours but the hair looks finer. their is a caviat though mate I think your buck might be wet?? Maybe that's what's throwing me the combination of wet fur and the light.

Mate if it was the hosting site then wouldn't the other images you have shared have similar strange things going on? To my eye they don't.

Les sorry about this,I'm struggling because I don't have the skills to ID a cause for you but I know I can see something and have not seen one like this before that I can recollect before........................

maybe some of the other lads with more knowledge can pin it down ? cheers for the come back and having a crack at a different option:cool:

stu

I think improved as well Les but still for me not right . It's hard without a side by side comparison,it still looks over sharpened or something???? Also doubly puzzling because I commented on maybe 3 or so other images from you last night( jealous of all the bigger deer images appearing[emoji38]) and none of the others show the same characteristics.. Les i'm no expert on post I really wish I could help more but I'm stumped .....is it a crop or maybe a bigger crop than you normally show? Les every now and then I see a mammal image where the light colour hairs look too thick for the size of beastie as displayed......... what I mean by that is that i'm looking at an image say with a 4 1/2 inch deer if I took that 41/2 inch high deer and made it life size the hairs would be too thick. I nearly got to share a roe last night ,a portrait I made sunday eve,one of those silly nuts encounters I get with roe every now and then. She was really close Les really close !! I've just now stared at her again she's much closer than yours but the hair looks finer. their is a caviat though mate I think your buck might be wet?? Maybe that's what's throwing me the combination of wet fur and the light.

Mate if it was the hosting site then wouldn't the other images you have shared have similar strange things going on? To my eye they don't.

Les sorry about this,I'm struggling because I don't have the skills to ID a cause for you but I know I can see something and have not seen one like this before that I can recollect before........................

maybe some of the other lads with more knowledge can pin it down ? cheers for the come back and having a crack at a different option:cool:

stu
I give up. The critique in here is getting worse by the day

Dont think be posting too much from.now on

don't know what I did wrong here???

Les you'll have to educate me no harm was meant

Back