Roger Hicks

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I was saddened to read today that the photographer and author of many books on photography and other subjects, Roger Hicks, passed away yesterday.

He regularly contributed to the 'Amateur Photographer' magazine for many years and offered insightful criticism as well as having an encyclopaedic knowledge of cameras and the world of photography.

RIP Roger.

I was saddened to read today that the photographer and author of many books on photography and other subjects, Roger Hicks, passed away yesterday.
Where did you read that? I can find several obituaries for "Roger Hicks" but none of them are our Roger. Mind you he's been very quiet over on the AP site recently.

I liked his writing style when I read him in AP. I didn't at first though. He had a way of making me want to argue with him even though I agreed with what he was writing!

Steve.

Always cranky and controversial, he was the reason I bought AP for as long as I did. I was checking out his Perfect Exposure book only yesterday for this month's FPOTY After Dark topic, but vexed that I hadn't realised about his ongoing contributions on RFF and AP forums. RIP.

I used to read him regularly, some years ago.
As Steve posted, he had a slightly aggressive tone but he was entertaining.

Thoughts are with Frances.

That's a name I recognise, though I can't remember the aggression (or otherwise) as it's probably 30 years since I read AP.

Back