Critique Rogie Falls

Edit My Images
No
The leaves are starting to turn here and there has a decent amount of rain. So I took a chance with a early finish at university and on a rainy day, to see what the colour was like here. Not quite there yet but still pleasing enough.

p3072694642-4.jpg

Good photo with plenty of water coming down and interesting to see that the leaves are on the turn now. Gives me an idea I should stop off when I head up past there sometime in the next few weeks. (y)

Perhaps getting down there and composing a shot leading into the background would give it more sense of depth? Or getting close and isolating little vignettes in close up?

That scene might work well in the next few weeks as the colour progresses. I'd be tempted to crop a small portion off the left side - the cliff in the bottom left is pulling my eyes away from the falls

Perhaps getting down there and composing a shot leading into the background would give it more sense of depth? Or getting close and isolating little vignettes in close up?

Normally I would be all about getting down closer, but I'm recovering from a broken leg so wet rocks is not too feasible for me at the moment, and unfortunately here, its more of a gorge at the bottom so I think I'd have to use a rope to get safe access. I do have close ups at 50mm and 70mm, maybe I'll post them too if I get a chance. Thank you though, I do probably agree with all that youve said.

That scene might work well in the next few weeks as the colour progresses. I'd be tempted to crop a small portion off the left side - the cliff in the bottom left is pulling my eyes away from the falls

I am hoping to get back when the colour gets better, but with all the wind right now, there might not be any leaves left! I see what you mean with the rock face on the left, and I think you're right. Something to resolve next time.

Good photo with plenty of water coming down and interesting to see that the leaves are on the turn now. Gives me an idea I should stop off when I head up past there sometime in the next few weeks. (y)

Thank you Peter. I might try and get down there again to try and get a bit more autumn colour from it.

If you do go there can you add an entry into a thread I have created about autumn colours here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/autumn-colours.685321/

Back