Critique Rolling Shots ( Not Rig )

Name
Grant
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

Did post this up in the motorsport section few days ago but didn't realise this section so do apologise.

I normally shoot some rolling shots on my Sigma 10-20 F3.5 and got these recently...

Japfest by GMDOnline, on Flickr
Players Classic by GMDOnline, on Flickr
Players Classic by GMDOnline, on Flickr

But for the first time on Tuesday I took a rolling shot with my Canon 40mm F2.8 pancake lens ( with my 70D ) 1/30 F5.6 High shutter speed and auto focus

Seat Leon by GMDOnline, on Flickr

One critique I got was that the 40mm shot of the Leon, my temperature is slightly too high but that was me in PP trying to enhance to the orange sky that I slightly picked up. I think I could of dropped down a stop or two.

Just interested on other peoples opinions and techniques and outcomes.

First time I've posted any of my photos on here.

Grant

Erm, nobody drives my car other than me. So maybe I need someone else to take the shots. :)

Erm, nobody drives my car other than me. So maybe I need someone else to take the shots. :)

I've shot my car before with me driving it. Two cameras mounted on the boot of the chase car, in this case an mx-5, and the cameras remotely triggered on the same channel, so they both fire at the same time. Using two camera means I double my chance of getting usable images, and can have different angles.

Cheers for the replies people :)

Love those. For the Leon, how quickly was it travelling at time?

Erm I would say around 50-60 at that time maybe 45 at the very slowest

Shot at 1/30

Thats one thing that people tend to do is slow down when I hang out of a window to do a rolling shot, doesn't work better you just both need to be travelling at the same speed

I like the shots specially the Leon one. Looks like the shutter speed was just right to get the capture of motion in the wheels and background. The car looks nice and sharp too.

Back