Ross 52 for 2018 Thread 'Week 31 - Short'

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
Yes
My first try at a 52. Looking forward to it.

CC always welcome as I'm quite new to all this and appreciate the help.

Thanks for looking.

Week 0 - My Area
Week 1 - Gate(d)
Week 2 - People
Week 3 - Stark
Week 4 - Over
Week 5 - Age(d)
Week 6 - Sharp
Week 7 - Guard
Week 8 - Thick
Week 9 - Abundance
Week 10 - Heavy
Week 11 - Wet
Week 12 - Juxtaposition
Week 13 - Oval
Week 14 - Straight
Week 15 - Unattractive
Week 16 - Shadow
Week 17 - Beautiful
Week 18 - Low
Week 19 - Match(ing)
Week 20 - Music(al)
Week 21 - Hard
Week 22 - Creature
Week 23 - Synthetic
Week 24 - Rural
Week 25 - Bright
Week 26 - Elegant
Week 27 - Derelict
Week 28 - Home
Week 29 - Round
Week 30 - Cook(ing)
Week 31 - ?????

Last edited:
That's part of The Barbican isn't it Ross?
If so, you've caught the colours of the towerblock well, and it's interesting the way that the gaps in the paving blocks are far darker where the reflection is.
Good start to your 52 :)

Oh, and as Dave says, you've got the linkys sussed first go. Top Banana.

That's part of The Barbican isn't it Ross?
If so, you've caught the colours of the towerblock well, and it's interesting the way that the gaps in the paving blocks are far darker where the reflection is.
Good start to your 52 :)

Oh, and as Dave says, you've got the linkys sussed first go. Top Banana.
It is indeed. One of the towers shot from the highwalk.

Good idea for the theme and it makes an interesting image, slight nit-pick is the "block" top-right but certainly gets your 52 off to a good start.

Good idea for the theme and it makes an interesting image, slight nit-pick is the "block" top-right but certainly gets your 52 off to a good start.
Yea. That has annoyed me too. The more i moved around and reframed, the more appeared in the shot. It's quite a clustered set of buildings. That was the least I could get in the shot. Im happy with it anyway. I've been trying to get a decent puddle reflection shot for a while now.

I will jump on the block bandwagon too, but an interesting photo and a good start look forward to seeing more

Very clever shot, I like that.As said, the block top right needs to go, but otherwise all is good.

Docklands maybe ?

A very interesting shot, nice work

Hi Ross

Great start, it plays with your mind a bit this one. Well it does mine anyway, feels like its upside down somehow, think its the paving that does it. I like how the lines are darker on the building but think I would have cloned out the odd brick. Look forward to seeing more :D

wow love it ... old and seriously wonky Gate bits with not one but two padlocks, lush sharp focus. :clap:

Good subject nicely done and good that it got you out shooting, that's the main reason I do it, sometimes you have to compromise to get a shot in on time but not in this case, spot on for the theme.

Nice job with the editing for your week 0 shot. There is nothing that I can see to give it away.
I'm not sure that you've got the best out of teh shot. I quite like it, but think I may have gone with an instgram square crop, concentrating on the lock, maybe keeping a little of the latch mechanism in too.
Worth a play to see methinks :)

Two padlocks; to be sure to be sure. Nice out-of-focus background.

Well... if we are all truthful we all get a lot of 'Meh' images for each theme :D

What you have put in is a real nice shot, liking the close in focus and the shallow DoF, lovely rusty meatal and a background curve that sweeps through the image nicely too, not much top dislike :)

Really appreciate the comments folks. I followed some of your 52s last year and it was really inspiring, so to hear you guys say nice stuff about some of my pictures is a massive compliment.

So as a thank you, here are a couple more from this week that didn't quite make the cut. I think more.... good ideas that i didn't quite pull off.

Thanks

Gate1.jpg

Gate2.jpg

Gate3.jpg

I like it too good DoF and a good worn gate, a nice image

we seem to have posted at the same time and of the other images the second B+W pic is very nice a bit more contrast maybe would help but it appeals to me

Last edited:
Back