B&W Rough Tor

Great set with some very atmospheric skies there. The first I am not too keen on the composition leaves little room for the sky and the trees top right look cramped in the frame. The 2nd image shows the scale of the landscape well and the sky is very nice, mid right on the edge of the frame, is that a lake? I would crop the shot to remove this. The 3rd shot is nice but for me needs a slightly stronger foreground interest, very nicely processed though. The 4th is a lovely strong composition with great foreground and mid ground interest, very nice. The last one is super, I just love sunbeams, maybe tone down the brightness of the beam though, well composed and great sky.

Would like to see the colour versions, I feel the B&W is too dark apart from Rough Tor 4.

I like them all and I don't think they are too dark, they are moody and atmospheric yes, but look full of fine detail on my calibrated monitor.

I'm a sucker for a well processed b&w shot and these tick all the boxes for me.

Like number 1 great composition the rest a bit too dark for me .this is the second set of the moor I've seen today so I think the boots and the dog may well get some excercise tonight .well done

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I personally am a fan of darker black and white photographs and I also wanted to try and portray how I felt while climbing up the Tor - it was very dark and gloomy as the clouds were very thick.
Not saying any of you are wrong, just giving you my explanation of the images and I'll definitely take your advice into consideration :)

Thanks again,
Asa

Back