Critique Row B

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Another from my exploration of a deserted Norwich Market. I'm a little conflicted by this as I'm not sure if the elements of the image work together, specifically the sky, the sign and the women at the bottom of the row. Your thoughts on whether they mesh or are fighting each other are appreciated.

DSCF6343 by Mark, on Flickr

thanks

Mark

I like your graphic approach
in this rendition, Mark!

the very large B is distracting but its still a nice image if you crop just below the b its very nice.but you'd have to change the title ;) i quite like this but its only Half the shot if you don't like it its gone :)

not my photo.jpg by Mike Rockey, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments. Mike, I like your edit, I have a few images like it already hence looking for different views. It's the scale of the B that concerns me too.

the very large B is distracting but its still a nice image if you crop just below the b its very nice.but you'd have to change the title ;) i quite like this but its only Half the shot if you don't like it its gone :)

not my photo.jpg by Mike Rockey, on Flickr

Why worry about the title after slanting severely the shot, Mike? :confused:

Quite easy to remove that person if using the same method I used in the above photo.

…you mean, Alan, to hide the person behind a cloud??? :ROFLMAO:

I don't agree with cropping the 'B' and I think your overthinking it (conflicted)? Go with your instincts, they are mostly right. Interesting image I think.

Or you could do something like this.

I think that's a step to far in the pp dept for me, but thanks for taking the time.

It is graphic but to me the person spoils it. I'd liked to have seen the alley empty
Ah, see I quite like the single person, if I'm honest I like all the elements of the image but not sure I like them all together.

I don't agree with cropping the 'B' and I think your overthinking it (conflicted)? Go with your instincts, they are mostly right. Interesting image I think.
I am overthinking it you're right, I want to like it and then keep doubting myself.

works for me, for some reason having the "b" towering over looks menacing i like it:D. the only thing i would prefer is if the shutters on left and right were made even, so the same width in view.

You have a number of really interesting elements here but I'd say that hard choices are necessary to produce a good picture. You need to narrow down, perhaps turning the camera to right or left and perhaps losing the symmetry in the process. Don't give up. Try looking at it again through a piece of card with a letter-box cut-out to evaluate all the possibilities. Only pick up the camera when all that work has been done. I think there is real potential in this sort of situation.

Back