ROYAL MAIL SCAM?

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Sal, my wife, had an email today with an OBVIOUS copy of the Royal Mail Logo.

"We had an unsuccessful shipment to your address today 3/12/2021, possible wrong address or telephone number. If you wish to establish a new order to ship the package a small fee is applied, otherwise the package will be returned to sender. The process is simple just follow the steps below and we will try to ship the goods as soon as possible."

Don't think that we use the word "shipment" in the UK.

A link was placed below this text and a parcel number which does not exist. No GB after the tracking number.
Sal didn't click on the link.

The sender's address said danimengue@hotmail.com

Last edited:
I've tweeted them BUT it ain't easy contacting them at all. Well spotted re date.

Last edited:
These have been doing the rounds for months.

forget trying to actually communicate with RM. I have an account and apparently an account manager but communication is not their strong point.

There are some text messages going around as well saying a similar thing, pay for re delivery for an item.

Hi Guys

Had a text message today (this is the 3rd in as many weeks) with the Royal Mail logo saying that a parcel could not be delivered as the was a £2.99 charge to be paid and as soon as it was paid the parcel would be sent out ..

There was a "Link" included in the text that asked me to fill in my personal details , name, address etc etc and "Bank Details" ...

Just be Aware ..

Coho-Blue

Last time I had money to pay to RM( missing stamp on a letter) I was left a postcard and had to go to the sorting office, things won’t have changed.

Yup , that`s the message I got and a few of my family members got as well ..

These Scammers are up to all sorts ...

Coho - Blue

Me too. NEVER follow links like this - there could be a viral payload waiting at the other end to download and install itself, possibly without you even realising.

Couldn't find a "Royal Mail" one although I've definitely had them before.

Just a few that I've had from elsewhere. I do have a Paypal account but I'm with neither Vodafone or TSB

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

It seems just about every form of popular electronic communication available is subject to scammers. All I can say is, if I get hold of the person responsible for the recorded message, scam, landline telephone call purporting to be from 'Ammer-zon', which woke me up at 8am on my day off the other week, then they'll be looking for a new pair of b*ll*cks!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mex
Some of them can be very convincing. I had one a while ago, my phone rang, I look at the number on the screen and it's a number I recognised as NatWest bank, (I use NW) so I answered it. A very professional sounding woman on the other end ,in a very much British accent went on to ask me if I had made a transaction online in the last hour for a large-ish amount, I hadn't. It wasn't until she asked me to put a code into my pin number thingy that she got rumbled, I don't have a pin number thingy and she then asked for card details. I hung up and contacted the bank, they were aware of this type of scam. NatWest will not display their number on a call.

I got the Royal Mail text one the other day too, but they only wanted £2.79. I’ve obviously got a more decent class of scammer. :)

Received the text, but they only wanted, £1.99. What, is my money, not good enough :oops: :$

I’ve just had Sky installed, and the first call to the landline that’ll never get used was from a very amateurish scammer.
Him. Helliee Helliee
Me... Hello and how are you today?
Him.. I very good, thanking you for asking
Me... How can I help you
Him. Your internet is compromised
Me.. O dear! Thanks for letting me know, I’ll phone sky
Him. Why you phone Sky? I am Sky
Me.. Ok, can you tell me my customer ID
HIM. You no know it
Me.. Yes I know it, do you
Him. Why all the quick fire questions, why yo no believe me
Me.. (silence)
Him. Helliee Hellie, why you no f**king believe me.
Me.. Now go get a proper job you (expletive expletive)

Do you recon he was from Sky

It seems just about every form of popular electronic communication available is subject to scammers. All I can say is, if I get hold of the person responsible for the recorded message, scam, landline telephone call purporting to be from 'Ammer-zon', which woke me up at 8am on my day off the other week, then they'll be looking for a new pair of b*ll*cks!

haha
i hardly ever get scam texts or emails at all
as for phone our land line has been unplugged for a decade and we rarely have a mobile not on silent at night unless we are truly expecting an urgent call

"Hello, my name is Brett and I'm calling from BT"
Me. "Can you give me the password please?"
Him "Password?"
Me "Yes".
Silence followed by the dialling tone.
Seems to work well that one!

It seems that "Royal mail" are now asking for a dispatch fee or the parcel will be returned to sender.
Surely the sender pays the dispatch fee?
:LOL:

It seems that "Royal mail" are now asking for a dispatch fee or the parcel will be returned to sender.
Surely the sender pays the dispatch fee?
:LOL:

You'd be amazed how many people think this is true and get caught out
The village community always has people asking if it's true

You'd be amazed how many people think this is true and get caught out
That was a new one on me TBH.
Its normally you have a £1.49 unpaid postage.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that post on the community hub asking if
its genuine. I just post wake up people how did royal mail get your phone number in the first place.
And they always put a red card though the door anyway.

I just post wake up people how did royal mail get your phone number in the first place.
And they always put a red card though the door anyway.

My ex boss used to reply with pictures of the "to pay" cards RM put through letter boxes, even he's given up now

Back