weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Hairy - Looks you were correct, there has been a few cactus's featuring for the theme. Very hairy and sharp, like the fact you have chosen to keep the image in colour.

Smooth - thats a very lovely landscape shot, full of nice bright colours.

Last edited:
Been doing a bit of messing around with the shot again and adding some warmth to the image.

Week_04_16161_Smooth_PI.jpg

Beautiful scenery Stan and lovely Smooth water. Good compos with the fg interest and thirds.

Lovely colours, and I like the composition. Certainly smooth!

Beautiful scenery Stan and lovely Smooth water. Good compos with the fg interest and thirds.

Thanks, Carl. Foreground interest, background, rules of thirds. Am I a bit of traditionist and rule obedient? Probably not. :D Just so happens those so call rules seem to suit this particular image. :D

Thought I attempt Focus Stacking technique again for this week's theme. Only five images this time but still take ages for my aging machine to merge them. Not 100% happy with the inconsistency background but quite like the dim shadow in the foreground.

Week 05 - Mineral ('Peacock' Ore)

Mineral by Stan, on Flickr

That's an interesting stone ... I mean Mineral. Very colourful. Good job with stacking - all seems spot on to me on Flickr. Like the soft reflection in the fg - stands out well against the dark backdrop.

Very nicely done Stan, I like the muted reflection and I for me the background works well.

That's an interesting stone ... I mean Mineral. Very colourful. Good job with stacking - all seems spot on to me on Flickr. Like the soft reflection in the fg - stands out well against the dark backdrop.

Cheers, Carl.

Very nicely done Stan, I like the muted reflection and I for me the background works well.

Thanks, Chris. I'm just not too happy with the slight different of colours of the background. Black on the RH and dark brownish LH even thought it should to be black.

I never noticed the backgound, I just homed in a beautiful piece of mineral.:)

What a great a Mineral Ore is (my surname too) great lighting and focus, must try this focus stacking some time :)

Cheers, Dave. One of my best mate is also Ore. Plenty of 'How To's" Focus Stacking in YT

I never noticed the backgound, I just homed in a beautiful piece of mineral.:)

Thanks, Shirley. Maybe I'm just a bit of a fusspot! :)

nice colours in the mineral and great detail, i quite like the BG it shows its on something and not floating in mid air and the faint shadow is a plus point

Lovely colour, well lit and shot (y)

(y) What a calm and peaceful shot Smooth is Stan. Well spotted.

That's a lovely piece of mineral too and the colours look great against the black background. I know ghere is a slight shadow to the front but it still looks like it is floating.

Perhaps an alien asteroid :p

Shot of the week for me, thats really well done and a lovely peice too.

Nicely taken, beautiful colours, I wish I had used a shiny surface for mine to get some reflection, and lose my floating effect.

Thanks, Clive. The backdrop/surface is a piece of black polymer sheet.

magnificent. what a lovely piece of mineral. well shot and well lit,

Thank you and pleased you like the shot.

Lovely! Colourful subject and the reflections in the foreground keep it planted.

Well done with the stack job ... I can't see the joins. ;)

Interesting mineral, interesting result. (y)

Well done with the stack job ... I can't see the joins. ;)

Interesting mineral, interesting result. (y)

Well done with the stacking Stan, the colour of that stone is fabulous.

Thanks, David and Susie. The mineral is also known as Bornite.

I think .... the original with half the dead space off the top ....

Lovely colours, that aqua/blue is so vibrant. Nice lighting too.

The square crop works but I prefer the first one with more space around it, amazing colours on this which you have captured well. Good job on the focus stacking.

Thanks, Steve. I agree with you on the crop, the original shot gives more breathing space around the subject.

Lovely colours, that aqua/blue is so vibrant. Nice lighting too.

Thanks, Dominic. Glad you like the shot.

Mineral - bang on for the theme, liking the colours on the little rock and i can see where it gets the peacock name from. I agree with the comments about the unevenness of the background, I think maybe a closer crop would make a difference to the image.

Stan I really like this one. Two halves make Whole....spot on. Nice colours from the Apples and they stand out well with the Black background.

Cheers

Kath

Well, I said "original" idea to Allan, so I have to say it to you too...

Very different photo, well lit, very sharp. The black background works very well.

Back