weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

as said different approach but would like it more symmetrical understand the restrictions though

I like the idea and the execution, but would have preferred to see the other upright in frame, so as to show a full "section" if that makes sense ?

Interesting take on hold, well captured, clean and clear

Thanks, Chris.

as said different approach but would like it more symmetrical understand the restrictions though

Cheers, Allan. The idea in my head was an abstract, symmetry image but the area is no go. Here's the Google street view.

Screen_Shot_2017-04-18_at_22.14.43.png

Hold - good subject and looks nicely abstract. I might have stretched/cropped it just a fraction to get the left hand end of the rail closer to the upper-left corner to match the other end for symmetry, but maybe thats just too ocd. Nice job.

First late submission for a long while. I normally post the week's shot on Sunday or Monday.

For the Smoke shot, a lot of preparations getting all the gears and bits and pieces set up for a few minutes of shooting. I've done this type of Smoke Trails before also for TP in 2013.

Week 16 - Smoke

Smoke Trails by Stan, on Flickr

That's really elegant with the sort of sharpness I was hoping for and didn't get Stan. I love the way you & Steve inverted the colours and the purple adds something a bit different in yours too. Worth the pain setting up I think!

That's really elegant with the sort of sharpness I was hoping for and didn't get Stan. I love the way you & Steve inverted the colours and the purple adds something a bit different in yours too. Worth the pain setting up I think!

Thanks, Emma. The camera was hand-held and switched to manual focus once I achieved focus. Finding the incense sticks, somewhere in the house, and getting the camera 'talking' to the flash remotely took the longest. As said, worth it in the end.

Excellent choice in the colour Stan, that's a beauty of a Smoke shot ...I love it :clap:

Thanks, Susie. It's all hit-and-miss with the smoke trails.

:plus1: Thats an excellent smoke trail

As I was posting vivid came through and very vivid it is colourful and a bit shabby at the same time

Last edited:
Very delicate smoke trail and the vivid very bright and right on theme.(y)

Love the smoke picture Stan, might have a go at that with one of my other shots (not that there were that many in focus:D). Vivid is very vivid, does look like the doors need a bit of work though! Well spotted

Smoke ... excellent ... liking this inverted trick.

Nice find for Vivid.

(y)

Hi Stan,
Smoke - Thanks for the quick explanation on how you did it. Very effective. (y)
Vivid - Very strong image there, nice one.
I'm intrigued over what the hint of additional painting is on the camera right upright.

Well spotted, I was unsure about the railings at the top but feel they add depth.

Cheers.

Thanks, Andy. My thought was the railings balances to the shot at the top with doors in the middle and the path as foreground.

Hi Stan,
Smoke - Thanks for the quick explanation on how you did it. Very effective. (y)
Vivid - Very strong image there, nice one.
I'm intrigued over what the hint of additional painting is on the camera right upright.

Thanks, Tim. I may have a shot of that.

Vivid - no arguing there, but surfing in bermuda's in Aberdeen of all places? I hadn't noticed the railings until reading someone elses comment, but they are quite right, if it was cropped down to the top of the wall it doesn't look quite so good at all. Nicely done.

This is one of the many wall paintings around the city centre as part of Aberdeen Nuart Festival 2017. This is the largest by two Geman artists Hera and Akut. This piece was inspired by the arrival of refugees into the city and shows a Scottish girl extending and arm to the people fleeing war.

I intentionally waited a short while for a passerby to walk into the frame to show off the size of the painting.

Week 18 - Large

Large Herakut 16847 by Stan, on Flickr

Thats a great Mural, there should be more of these things dotted around all cities, having a person in the frame helps with the perspective too,
One more point the right side of the frame seems straight the left is leaning in a little, a bit of a skew needed maybe :thinking:

Reactions: rpn
Back