weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Thats a great Mural, there should be more of these things dotted around all cities, having a person in the frame helps with the perspective too,
One more point the right side of the frame seems straight the left is leaning in a little, a bit of a skew needed maybe :thinking:

Thanks, Allan. I noticed that too and have tried rotation, horizontal and vertical transform but to no avail.

Fabulous mural Stan, what a talented artist, it fits the theme really well. I think it might take a bit of a crop as long as the girl is still in it to make the mural fill the frame a bit more.

How about this? 16:9 format.

Week 18 Large 16847 C by Stan, on Flickr

I like your submission for vivid, great colours!

I'm not sure about your second crop for large, I think I prefer the first one. Well composed (including the woman walking past) and certainly a large mural!

Brilliant Mural and fit the theme. I agree with Susie re the crop. I would probably crop from the left side. :plus1:

Certainly large, I'm always impressed how they put these things together on such a large scale

Hold - great shot, composition is perfect with the rail cutting the photo exactly in half
Smoke - reversing the colours works a treat. Insence sticks make much better smoke than candles, I'll have to try those next time.
Vivid - Love it, what a cheerful, colorful shot.
Large - Great mural, I prefer the closer crop but I usually prefer closer crops. I actually like the other shot more, with the real cars against the painted ship.

Large - nice shot of a great mural. I'm with others and think there should be more of these in our cities.

I like your submission for vivid, great colours!

I'm not sure about your second crop for large, I think I prefer the first one. Well composed (including the woman walking past) and certainly a large mural!

Thanks, Bernd. Glad you like the shots.

Brilliant Mural and fit the theme. I agree with Susie re the crop. I would probably crop from the left side. :plus1:

Thanks, Kathleen. Good point about cropping the left.

Certainly large, I'm always impressed how they put these things together on such a large scale

Thanks, Chris.

Hold - great shot, composition is perfect with the rail cutting the photo exactly in half
Smoke - reversing the colours works a treat. Insence sticks make much better smoke than candles, I'll have to try those next time.
Vivid - Love it, what a cheerful, colorful shot.
Large - Great mural, I prefer the closer crop but I usually prefer closer crops. I actually like the other shot more, with the real cars against the painted ship.

Thanks Nick for the catchup comments.

Large - nice shot of a great mural. I'm with others and think there should be more of these in our cities.

Cheers, Chris. They defiantly brighten up the city centre.

Large - very nice choice for the theme, love both of the murals. My favourite is the first one you put up, I like the extra space at the bottom, it somehow seems to emphasise the size to me and it was a very good choice to wait for someone to walk into the shot.

The second mural doesn't work for me but the first I really like ... a great way to brighten up that concrete. (y)

I think its in need of a new roof and some windows, I do love a good ruin (y)

That's a very sharp photo of the ruin! I Excellent PoV.

I love this building, no roof, no windows, but it's a survivor. o_O

Architecture - I like the pov with the walls all splitting off in different directions. You wait, next week will be something like 'Ruin' or 'Broken'

I wanted to get this week shot done asap, away to Cyprus again on Wednesday.

The least used lens of my collection got an outing; 105mm Micro and luck would have it that my oven light recently was blown and becomes the subject for this week's theme.

Week 20 - Broken (Filament)

Broken Filament by Stan, on Flickr

Really good take on the theme, well captured, it took me a moment to get it on the images thread. They are all good but I'd go with the first although the second mono has a nice tone to it

Like them all, but prefer the whole bulb shot tbh....

Really like the Architecture shot too, where was that ?

Last edited:
Hi Stan, Yes, the first one for me too. It's the background I think. Really unusual colour. Antique is interesting but for me the monochrome just emphasises the empty space between the electrodes, the colour seems to add a texture to it.

Back