weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Hi Stan ....your Broken shot jumped off the page on the link so it's definitely that first colour one for me. You've really captured the detail and I love that vibrant green background.

Hi Stan, Yes, the first one for me too. It's the background I think. Really unusual colour. Antique is interesting but for me the monochrome just emphasises the empty space between the electrodes, the colour seems to add a texture to it.

Thanks, Susie and John. I set up the light bulb on a window sill and the green background is actually distance trees.

The first one for me! Great idea for broken and well executed.

First & last, both colour look fab ... nicely thought out and captured. (y)

I like the last one I think you need to see the whole object and the fact that the bulb isn't broken but the element is makes it for me

Hi Stan,

Large - Bang on theme and a great piece of art. I love the way the hand seems to reach out of the painting.
So much to look at. Great find.
M-City is cool too. It too seems to have a 3D feel (bottom right), but less impact than the first image.

Architecture - I find it amazing that these structures can be almost 1000 years old, abandoned for much of that time, and yet still stand and have such presence. Sky though...

Broken - Hmmm, I think the b&w version for me, less distraction. An excellent study of the filament.

With so many options of various type and mode of transport for this week theme. My aim was to try to capture something different. Taken yesterday in a small fishing harbour, Agios Georgios, about 20km NW of Paphos. A CPL was used to reduce the glare of the water and enhance the blue sky.

Week 21 - Transport

Water Boat by Stan, on Flickr

The CPL has worked well lovely colour, interesting pyramid structure in the BG i love the textures and colours in the foreground water and rocks

I like number 2 below nicely composed

Last edited:
The CPL has worked well lovely colour, interesting pyramid structure in the BG i love the textures and colours in the foreground water and rocks

I like number 2 below nicely composed

Thanks, Allan. I think the small structure is some kind of navigation aid/mini-lighthouse

1st Transport for me Stan, a beautiful shot showing the boat in the lovely clear water, a fantastic BG and great clouds (y)(y)

Thanks, David.

That's an idyllic scene Stan. As Allan said the CPL has worked beautifully - gorgeous blues and I love the placement of the rowing boat. My only crit is that I'm not there myself!

Thanks, Emma. Yes, a tranquil and quiet little fishing harbour. I always pay a visit here every time I'm here.

Love your version of Transport.....looks very peaceful.

Cheers
Kath

As has been said, lovely shot for transport, good find, well captured.

Hi Stan.
As Allan says, you've really used the CPL to good effect there (y)
I love the colours and that you've got points of interest on both the left and right thirds.
#2 is interesting. It puts me in mind of a bleached animal skull you might see in a Western.

Really good use of the CPL, and great photo all around! For 'transporter' I prefer #3, it's in my opinion the more interesting shot with nice rusty colours and textures.

You know ... I'd be tempted to paint the lovely little lone boat, maybe stripes like my shed. :)

#1 for me, it looks a lovely peaceful place to be. The little boat is in just the right place in the frame (y)

Hi Stan :)

Broken - The first coloured image for me, I really like the green background I thing the elements and glass parts work really well with it (y)

Transport - Very nice shot, I like the first one, the polarising filter has done a grand job, perfect for those types or scenes, a nice composition and very tempting for a paddle :)

It's my first visit for a few weeks Stan, so just looked through the ones I've missed and picked out my favourites,

Smoke is really eye-catching and I do like the strong column of smoke and the unusual colour; I've never tried this so it's been interesting to read the comments about setting up and processing, and yours has worked very well. Architecture has some great soaring arches and detail in the stone, and the low POV has accentuated the height and shapes. I like all of your images for Power, but if pressed I would plump for the last one as my favourite, partly because it puts the filament into context and partly for the light and shape of the bulb. Nice green background too.

I like your unusual location and method of Transport. A tranquil and colourful scene, and the CPL has worked exactly as you planned to deliver the blue sky and rippled green water (y)

First one for me Stan, great minimalist feel to it for me.

Very nice, isn't it always the way but clear blue skies is not something we usually complain about :)

The first of the exercise frame works very well, but I also like the cloud picture both very fitting for the theme

First one for me, without the water. Clean and minimalist.

liking the clouds but I think one would work better than two and preferable one closer to the corner than the centre .... so a little cloning required?

Hi Stan, having a bit of a catch up at last! Great artwork on the building and the person does set the scale. I prefer the crop as it focuses just on the building. Great angle for architecture, shame the sky behind is not a lovely blue and I might have cropped the house from the bottom edge. Great idea for broken, my favourite is the full bulb with the lovely green bg. I like the second bars picture for minimalism, I know there is more in it but I prefer the colours:)

It has been more than one year ago since the start of major road and pavement improvement to the old town centre of Paphos and we are now nearly half-way through the year of Culture Capital of European 2017. The progress is very slow but at long last tarmac are going down and the end is nearly in sight.

Week 23 - (slow) Progress

Roadwork Progress by Stan, on Flickr

Back