weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Well done for fitting a shot in with a busy week. I like the lines leading into the image and the way it turns back into the image.

A very good shot Stan, great composition with the lines taking the viewer from the right all the way up to the tree and past, also like the lines coming down and turning off to the left (y)

Thanks, Steve and Dave. I like the lines too and the distance tree at the thirds.

Blimey, now that is nice and green for sure, the tracks lead the eye nicely towards the tree too, okay for me :)

<EDIT> Just see your other shots, for me you chose wisely, much preferring the detail and composition, though the first other one is a close second :)

Last edited:
they all work for me, though I do quite like the last 3 as a series I like the simplicity of them

I think you could of put anyone of those in Stan, love the first out of the three (y)

Thanks, Dave. Yes, I could have but personally, I prefer the one I submitted.

Blimey, now that is nice and green for sure, the tracks lead the eye nicely towards the tree too, okay for me :)

<EDIT> Just see your other shots, for me you chose wisely, much preferring the detail and composition, though the first other one is a close second :)

Cheers, Dean.

Hi Stan.
Like Allan says, they all work, and all tell the story of the theme, but "Growth" is the shot for me.
The PoV wins the day, combined with great sharpness and excellent exposure, but it's the PoV!!! (y)

Sorry not visited for ages so having a catch up on comments
Evolve - lovely family shot right on theme.
Hold - works for me I would be holding on tight with those stairs.
Smoke - I really like these smoke shots I love the blue on white
Vivid - very vivid indeed
Large - Great mural, I do like the cropped version better
Architecture - Great PoV lots of lovely details
Broken - I really like the subject but cannot choose a favourite.
Transport - first one for me vey blue.
Minimalistic - The cloud is my favourite of the 3 then the 1st of the other 2.
Progress - right on theme.
Pleasant - it certainly does look pleasant, very inviting.
Tiny - great detail on the ant and I like your fun shot too
Face - nice find for the theme, I too like the shadows.
Agriculture - lovely view and good leading lines. I quite like the close in views of crop too.

Hi Stan.
Like Allan says, they all work, and all tell the story of the theme, but "Growth" is the shot for me.
The PoV wins the day, combined with great sharpness and excellent exposure, but it's the PoV!!! (y)

Thanks, Tim.

Sorry not visited for ages so having a catch up on comments
Evolve - lovely family shot right on theme.
Hold - works for me I would be holding on tight with those stairs.
Smoke - I really like these smoke shots I love the blue on white
Vivid - very vivid indeed
Large - Great mural, I do like the cropped version better
Architecture - Great PoV lots of lovely details
Broken - I really like the subject but cannot choose a favourite.
Transport - first one for me vey blue.
Minimalistic - The cloud is my favourite of the 3 then the 1st of the other 2.
Progress - right on theme.
Pleasant - it certainly does look pleasant, very inviting.
Tiny - great detail on the ant and I like your fun shot too
Face - nice find for the theme, I too like the shadows.
Agriculture - lovely view and good leading lines. I quite like the close in views of crop too.

Thanks, Alison for the catch-up comments. Very much appreciated.

Give up on my original idea of Swam. I know there are a couple of rivers and lochs locally where I've seen and shot them before, as in photographically :). In the last few days, I've been out looking for them on four separate occasions but they are either nowhere to be seen or just too far away to get any half decent images.

So resort to my second idea of birds in flight. Seagulls are not the most loved birds around here but I found them quite elegant and graceful in flight as long as they are not making any noise or mess up my car. :mad:

Week 28 - Graceful

Gliding by Stan, on Flickr

I think you chose the right one, really well isolated from Its BG they are indeed very graceful in flight

Very good set, #1 nails it for the theme though, nice light and very graceful

Birds in flight definitely on theme and those shots are nice and clear, with good use of the DoF to have them pop from the background. I'm drawn to #4.

Thanks, Tim. Agree with #4 that would be my pick too except for the very small distracting white blobs. They are actually other gulls perching on the cliff side.

Very good set, #1 nails it for the theme though, nice light and very graceful

Cheers, Chris.

Well captured, I'm rubbish at bif shots, it really isn't easy, so hats off to anybody that can do it and you've done it really well (and to make me feel even more inadequate, you go and post 3 more shots:() That dark background helps to draw the attention to the bird.

Well captured, I'm rubbish at bif shots, it really isn't easy, so hats off to anybody that can do it and you've done it really well (and to make me feel even more inadequate, you go and post 3 more shots:() That dark background helps to draw the attention to the bird.

Thanks, Dominic. Birdies are not my usual genre of photography. Way out of my comfort zone but its something I like to try. Not easy as you said, all handheld and quite a lot ended up in the trash bin.

some wonderful gull shots :clap:

Thanks, David.

I like that. It works really well(y). I may have to make my own lightbox (i like making things, it's not that I'm a tight a**e).

Hi Stan - finally starting a mammoth catch up and I'll hopefully keep up now til the end of the year!
Pleasure - that's a shot that really makes me want to be there - incredible colour on the water and a really elegant comosition I think.
Tiny - what a great shot! the little guy is so sharp and that white bg shows him off brilliantly.
Agriculture - lovely leading lines and soft light on the crop
Graceful - I like the soft green bokeh in the second a lot, but I think you made the right choice with the darker background highlighting the birds elegant shape - great composition again i think
Fruit - the kiwi filling the frame is so effective - amazing colour and detail too..but Pacman - how creative?! Love it!! I like the glimpse into the inside of his 'mouth' and those shiny cherries just waiting to be gobbled :)

Both are worthy of the theme No.1 for detail and No.2 for the humour :clap:

... "I really must get a lightbox" ... the kiwi slices are stunning!

The other one is funny if you look at it long enough, but I still see what looks like blue felt BG.

That's an interesting feature for Face, Stan. Great light and textures as well as a characterful face itself.
Agriculture has a good range of textures and lovely green tones, and I like the position of the strong lines to lead the eye through the image.
Graceful - I agree that Gulls are not generally loved but they are graceful on the wing and your images show that. The first is my favourite because of the way the darker background helps to isolate the bird.
Fruit - the first is excellent; bright, juicy details with all those different tones and textures, and I could see it hanging on a wall. The second one is great fun and perfectly arranged; well done (n)

Back