weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

It sure it, while sitting outside on the net in 28 degrees with a Keo beer in one hand! :D
n13fkdv.gif
Will you stop, grey and raining here :(

Great stuff as always Stan. Looking back through your recent posts I think contrast's a really striking shot. I iike curved - the tightest crop was my preference. Occupation is interesting (I've always loved these drawings, wish I'd gone down that career path myself) and cleaned made me smile.

Arch shot - very interersting building, where or what is it ?
Lovely colours. shame about the rickety wooden thing bottom left.

Interestingly different structure, OK you've explain you're too busy for any editing. :D

I was in Cyprus ten years ago this September and snapped this from a moving car. A concrete shell.

Hi Stan,

Occupation - Nice one, I like how you have put all the bits an pieces together, it works really well
You - I think you picked the best one of the three but I think the 3rd one was possible the best idea, if you could have got it to work
Arches - Lots of arches here and a lovely building. Lovely colours. You could possibly just have cropped past the metal frame, it would still have left you with lots of arches

:D

Great stuff as always Stan. Looking back through your recent posts I think contrast's a really striking shot. I iike curved - the tightest crop was my preference. Occupation is interesting (I've always loved these drawings, wish I'd gone down that career path myself) and cleaned made me smile.

Thanks, Nick for the catch-up comments.

Arch shot - very interersting building, where or what is it ?
Lovely colours. shame about the rickety wooden thing bottom left.

Cheers, Mark. It's a church building, Greek Orthodox Church In Tala, a village just North of Paphos, Cyprus

Hi Stan, just a week catch-up from me as I've missed your last three images while pondering my own.

Occupation is an interesting one with those traditional tools and the detailed drawings, nicely lit too. I understand you didn't want to include your address in the image, but the crop is effective and works in your favour. It looks as though you were in the middle of working on the drawing and then just stepped back to take the photo.
You - definitely the first one for me as the DOF is just right, making an eye-catching image.
Arch is a striking building with the contrasting colours of the bricks and any number of arches; ideal for the theme (y)

Arches
Lots of good arches there, the sandy coloured stone, shouts out Mediterranean.

Hi Stan, just a week catch-up from me as I've missed your last three images while pondering my own.

Occupation is an interesting one with those traditional tools and the detailed drawings, nicely lit too. I understand you didn't want to include your address in the image, but the crop is effective and works in your favour. It looks as though you were in the middle of working on the drawing and then just stepped back to take the photo.
You - definitely the first one for me as the DOF is just right, making an eye-catching image.
Arch is a striking building with the contrasting colours of the bricks and any number of arches; ideal for the theme (y)

Thanks, Andrea for the catch-up comments.

Arches
Lots of good arches there, the sandy coloured stone, shouts out Mediterranean.

Thanks, Dominic.

A nice display of colour against the white wall and the blue sky

Beautiful display of bougainvillea (is that how it's spelt? My spell check just wanted to change it to Bonneville!). Lovely colours and so Mediterranean.

Thanks, Clive. Bonneville :) Is that not a Triumph motorbike? Being a biker myself.
1wmdnZb.gif

A nice display of colour against the white wall and the blue sky

Thanks, Tilly.

It always seems hard to capture these very vibrant colours without them seeming to loose detail, it's a good choice for the theme though.

Sunny days in Cyprus then. Beautiful flowers Stan, though I think I'd like to see the edges as well.

Hi Stan ...in sunny Cyprus :)
That building definitely looks pristine and lots of lovely arches in there too.
Bougainvillea I absolutely love it, we've bought several small ones home from Spain but never manage that sort of display from them ...beautiful.

Thanks, Susie. That church is only a few years old.
Don't think we have the weather for it in the UK.

It always seems hard to capture these very vibrant colours without them seeming to loose detail, it's a good choice for the theme though.

Thanks, Chris. In my case, the bright sun doesn't help either.

Blimey... now that is a very bright display of flowers, certainly frame filling too, would love something like that in my garden (y)

Cheers, Dean. They do get out of hand if you don't keep on top of them. I've seemed some grow half-way over the pavement.

Sunny days in Cyprus then. Beautiful flowers Stan, though I think I'd like to see the edges as well.

Thanks, John. Couldn't agree more about the missing branch ends but only noticed after I downloaded the shots when back in the apartment.

That's a lovely display of colour and sunshine, Stan, I'm so envious! The lower viewpoint works in your favour too, with the beautiful pinks contrasting against the white wall and a blue sky too. Very nice indeed :clap:

Thanks, Andrea.

This is my original idea for Bent and I wanted to take the shot more straight onto the S Bend but large tall trees are in the way.

Week 39 S-Bend by Stan, on Flickr

I took this back in early spring time 2012 when the trees were a lot shorter and smaller.

v2

Code:
]

Last edited:
I think you picked the right one to submit for the theme and I like the car in it, it gives the eye somewhere to settle and is appropriate for the road subject. Shame about those pesky trees :)

I like the shot you picked Stan and I think the car adds something to it. Good job

I like the car but it interferes with the bend flow. #2 (the green one) is a beaut but it say bend and not so much Bent.

Bent/Bend is a nice shot Stan, like how the road bends all along :)

Thanks, Dave. For some reason, I thought the theme is Bend until I saw your comments earlier.

Oh well, it's done and btw I've also done next week's but will hold back unless I got something better.

Last edited:
I think you picked the right one to submit for the theme and I like the car in it, it gives the eye somewhere to settle and is appropriate for the road subject. Shame about those pesky trees :)

Cheers, Chris. Their needles are sharp too.

I like the shot you picked Stan and I think the car adds something to it. Good job

Thanks, Tilly.

I like the car but it interferes with the bend flow. #2 (the green one) is a beaut but it say bend and not so much Bent.

Thanks, David. I wasn't too sure about the car either and I thought the theme is Bend.

Back