weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Great take on the theme. Like the creativity of this one. Well thought out and executed Stan

Really like that Stan, nautical themes always stand out for me too.

2 nice shots - No2 works better with that splash of orange?

I'd try flipping the central circle :)

Unusual take on theme. Agree with Dave about the lighthouse showing on the top,of the lens in first image. Still a good image. Second image is much better and as others have said orange makes it stand out.

Holding your hand steady and the shot, spot on. Like both of the pictures ! Favourite has to be the second one

Unusual take on theme. Agree with Dave about the lighthouse showing on the top,of the lens in first image. Still a good image. Second image is much better and as others have said orange makes it stand out.

Thanks, Chris and Mandy. I was two minds about which to pick as the main photo. I opt for the 'lighthouse', actual it was a harbour control house and now a commercial office, because of the interesting building. I appreciate the boat is more favourable because of its fewer distractions and the dash of orange.

Reactions: rpn
Great idea, and expertly executed!(y)
The first image is superb, very creative and well composed.
I think I'm with Dave @-Oy- however, the splash of colour really makes it for me.
I'm nit-picking though, all three are excellent and are certainly on point for the theme!
Nice bit of photo-shoppery on the third image btw!

Reactions: rpn
Great idea, and expertly executed!(y)
The first image is superb, very creative and well composed.
I think I'm with Dave @-Oy- however, the splash of colour really makes it for me.
I'm nit-picking though, all three are excellent and are certainly on point for the theme!
Nice bit of photo-shoppery on the third image btw!

Thanks, Gareth. It's quite easy to turn the boat around, just a few steps of; make the selection, transform and rotate.

New is a cracking shot.
Clean is great too, love the water off the ducks back.....
Open is really clever, great idea and very well executed.
Three excellent shots to kick off 2019, great stuff.

Open
To be honest I prefer the second pic, I was going to suggest a tighter crop on your first shot, but you've have done that in the second.

New is a cracking shot.
Clean is great too, love the water off the ducks back.....
Open is really clever, great idea and very well executed.
Three excellent shots to kick off 2019, great stuff.

Many thanks, Jon for all taking the time to stop by and comment I appreciated it

First one for me Stan, because the lighthouse fills the frame more than the boat, plus you can just about make out the OOF lighthouse outside of the lens.

Cheers, Tim. I'm happy with the first one too.

I agree with Dominic the second on without turning the image it makes more sense to me, if you see what I mean.

Open
To be honest I prefer the second pic, I was going to suggest a tighter crop on your first shot, but you've have done that in the second.

Thanks, Dominic. I haven't done any cropping in the second shot just turn the boat around.

I agree with Dominic the second on without turning the image it makes more sense to me, if you see what I mean.

Cheers, Allan.

Hi Stan

I thought I had already replied to your 1st 2 images, but apparently not, so here goes.

New, what a cracking sunrise, lots of nice colour against the dark clouds. Trees give a nice frame and provide scale.

Clean, what a super shot of that Mandarin, every thing is nice and crisp and clean. Nice one Stan.

Open, very clever image Stan, how you got it so sharp in the lens, Not that I have tried. I prefer the 1st best, but the flipped ship looks better than the unflipped one, possibly as you are expecting it the right way up.

Pete

That's a clever and original idea for Open, Stan, and it's interesting to see your thought process through the three images. Both scenes work well but I just prefer the image with the boat as the background is slightly less complicated and the splash of bright orange really catches the eye. I prefer the upside-down image #2 as that's how I would expect to see it, but the post-processing is spot on.

Hi Stan

I thought I had already replied to your 1st 2 images, but apparently not, so here goes.

New, what a cracking sunrise, lots of nice colour against the dark clouds. Trees give a nice frame and provide scale.

Clean, what a super shot of that Mandarin, every thing is nice and crisp and clean. Nice one Stan.

Open, very clever image Stan, how you got it so sharp in the lens, Not that I have tried. I prefer the 1st best, but the flipped ship looks better than the unflipped one, possibly as you are expecting it the right way up.

Pete

Thanks, Pete for the catchup comments. The Open shot is more or less SOOC (straight out of the camera) apart from some minor adjustments of exposure and level in Photoshop.

That's a clever and original idea for Open, Stan, and it's interesting to see your thought process through the three images. Both scenes work well but I just prefer the image with the boat as the background is slightly less complicated and the splash of bright orange really catches the eye. I prefer the upside-down image #2 as that's how I would expect to see it, but the post-processing is spot on.

Thanks, Andrea. I like the 'original' orange boat shot too.

This was taken this morning when the weather was pretty awful; wet, cold and windy. The reason I have to take the shot today and at that time is that there’s a gap of nearly three hours between trains otherwise the line is fairly busy.

Week 04 - Distant and Black & White Technique

Distant by Stan, on Flickr

Nicely done and good thinking to take the shot from low down to really get that "distance" feel

Just got back in my self and weather is bad here too.
Distant is a very well taken image Stan, like that i`ts in mono and sharp from front to back.

Thanks, Dave. I converted the shot to mono to fit the black & white technique and also lack of colours because of the weather conditions.

I like the low viewpoint it does emphasise the distance, slight niggle I would like the track dead centre, there seems to be a lot of trouble with skies this week well done for avoiding it

Sorry Stan, but unless you had permission from the signalers controlling that section of track, or perhaps you had a legitimate reason to be on the line and had lookouts posted, then taking that shot is not something that should be condoned.

Sure, there may be no scheduled services for 3 hours, but who's to say there isn't a light engine / engineering train that you're not aware of?
A live line is a live line.

( I do like it though :) )

Sorry Stan, but unless you had permission from the signalers controlling that section of track, or perhaps you had a legitimate reason to be on the line and had lookouts posted, then taking that shot is not something that should be condoned.

Sure, there may be no scheduled services for 3 hours, but who's to say there isn't a light engine / engineering train that you're not aware of?
A live line is a live line.

( I do like it though :) )

:) Yes, I know Tim, I've been a bad boy. :exit:

But here's where I was standing to take that shot. ;)

Back