weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

I only just found out this little beauty been around for a few years in one of the local lochs. Apparently, he is ringed in Oslo and has been visiting us for the winters but the downside is he's all alone although there are Mallards both males and females in the same loch sadly he is the only Mandarin.

Week 02 - (A quick wash and) Clean

Wet by Stan, on Flickr
Oh, isn't he lovely.

Cracking shot, Beautiful Colours, I always try to capture the Mandarin when ever I get the chance. 2 down Stan.........just 50 more to go

Thanks, Andy. I always looking forward to the next one. Is it Thursday yet? I may even go out to take my 1st idea's shot if weather permitting.

Hi Stan, What a cracking sunrise! I like the silhouette of the tree and shrubs at the front too. Great shot of the Duck too, they are amazing colours. Love the drops of water on its head and the water sliding of its back (y):D

Cheers, Georgina for the nice words. I thought the water drops on his head and back would fit this week's theme.

What a gorgeous looking bird. How cool that it comes to you for it's Winter!

He's looking lovely and clean there Stan. Nicely done

That's a lovely capture Stan. Great colours and detail. (y)
What a gorgeous looking bird. How cool that it comes to you for it's Winter!

Thanks, Tim

He's looking lovely and clean there Stan. Nicely done

Cheers, Ian. Nice to see some colours in these bleak winter months for a change.

Great image with the way the water is running off its back. Well done

Fab duckie :)

A lower angle would have looked more natural but you may not have had the option.

Hi Stan, those mandarins are stunning aren’t they, a work of art. I really like the way you’ve captured the water running off the feathers ... well spotted for the theme.

Thanks, Susie. They are indeed a very colourful bird.

Stand Proud by Stan, on Flickr

Great image with the way the water is running off its back. Well done

Thanks, Vince for the comment.

cracking shot I love it. There are sometimes a couple of Mandarin Ducks on the stream near us they are so photogenic.

Gorgeous duckie!

Excellent shot. Even the droplets are pin sharp.

Clean
That's a cracker. You've caught the colours in the feathers really well.

Cracking shot of the Mandarin Stan. Pin sharp, lovely colour and perfect for the theme. The 70-200 f2.8 is one of those lenses that's on my list but I've never quite got around to buying one. I'm one step closer looking at your photos :)

Clean
That's a cracker. You've caught the colours in the feathers really well.

Thanks, Dominic.

What a lovely subject for 'clean', Stan - so colourful and such striking markings, and you caught the water drops perfectly. Cracking shot :clap:

Thanks, Andrea. He is a stunningly beautiful little bird.

Cracking shot of the Mandarin Stan. Pin sharp, lovely colour and perfect for the theme. The 70-200 f2.8 is one of those lenses that's on my list but I've never quite got around to buying one. I'm one step closer looking at your photos :)

Thanks, Lee. The 70-200mm f2.8 lens is an excellent lens and highly recommended.

Nice sunrise for new Stan will get back to you about clean as it seems to have dissapeared

There are so many options and possibilities for this week’s theme. One of my first ideas was a shot with a wide open aperture but once Dave @Dave70D mentioned it in the main discussion thread I thought others will probably do the same. So I decided to go for something different but creative and still manage to go outdoor image of a wide open aperture.

Week 03 - Open

Open Control Centre by Stan, on Flickr

That cannot have been easy to get lined up like that, and the dog works very well. Nice job

What a cracking shot Stan, very well taken and a cracking idea too plus on theme very nicely. Even though it`s a great image, if I was to really nit-pic it would be the lighthouse just showing on the top outside of the lens.

Cheers, Dave. My thought on it too. Not so easy trying to hold the camera with one hand with the other outstretched holding the lens and keeping both items steady, at the same time camera at a level, index finger on the button, lens steady...... :)

Last edited:
Back