weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Beautiful, and has a slightly surreal tone to it that made me think it was infrared at first glance.

Cold
What I lovely serene looking scene. That low sun light is just right.

Lovely snowscape.

Great scene, good thick layer of snow with a warm glow of the sun. I might of been tempted to have someone walk down the path to create some foot prints & them standing in the distance?

Interesting golden hue to the snow Stan. One usually associates the goldern hour with the evening, but I guess it must occur in the morning too (too early for me).
It says cold, but warming up to me. :)

A bit late this week, although this shot was taken a few days ago I was hoping to shoot another one but the opportunity wasn't there. This is one of those PABD submissions. This shot is totally out of my comfort zone - taking photos of strangers in public place is not my idea of photography.

Week 06 - Waiting

Waiting by Stan, on Flickr

Judging by her appearance, she won't have noticed you, she's hunched over her phone.
Keep working on your street, it gets easier. :)

Thanks, Tim for the encouragement. For some reasons, I feel more comfortable taking street photography when I'm overseas or in a different city.

Not a fan of street myself either there’s the odd exception of course.
I think the waiting figures a bit lost in this, but it is on theme and well done for trying

Not a fan of street myself either there’s the odd exception of course.
I think the waiting figures a bit lost in this, but it is on theme and well done for trying

Thanks, Allan. Agree she is lost in the shot, just too much going on and your eyes just keep wondering from subject to subject. That's what I'm hesitant to post the shot until the last minute.

I have the same issues with street photography. It all seems a bit cloak and dagger! But anyway, your shot is on theme. I thought it was the parked cars that were waiting for their "commuter owners" to come back at first.

I have the same issues with street photography. It all seems a bit cloak and dagger! But anyway, your shot is on theme. I thought it was the parked cars that were waiting for their "commuter owners" to come back at first.

Thanks, Bob. That would be an easier option, any supermarket car park would do. Yes, the waiting lady is a bit lost in the image.

Nice shot Stan, I always use a telephoto for street photography due to the same reasons. I do find that the majority of people are fine but you do get to know if there not happy !

At least you didn't get rumbled taking her photo unlike me. I know exactly what you mean about taking photos of strangers. When i zoomed in on flick she looks to be very deep in thought.

Nice shot and fits the theme well Stan.
It's well composed with good use of diagonals, and lots of detail.
Nicely done.(y)

Thanks, Gareth.

Nice shot Stan, I always use a telephoto for street photography due to the same reasons. I do find that the majority of people are fine but you do get to know if there not happy !

Thanks, Chris. I'm the same as you using a 70-200mm zoom lens for that shot and stand in a quiet corner away from the crowd too.

Well done for going out and getting the image, Stan, especially when outside your comfort zone. I like the way her red hat is echoed in the colours of the cars along the rear of the platform and the warm tones on the side of the platform.

Thanks, Andrea.

At least you didn't get rumbled taking her photo unlike me. I know exactly what you mean about taking photos of strangers. When i zoomed in on flick she looks to be very deep in thought.

Thanks, Mandy. One of the reasons I've been doing this 52 for many years is to challenge myself to go outside my comfort zone and also trying a different photographic genre.

The first idea that came to my mind when the theme was posted. I took this shot quite late this afternoon to make sure I don't interfere with any golfers and luckily there were none on the course at the time probably it was getting cold too. I wanted to include the green and the flag for context and lucky for me the clubhouse comes along too. Just a pity the flag is deep blue colour rather than the usual fluorescent red or orange.

Week 07 - (In The) Rough

Rough by Stan, on Flickr

Nice one Stan! I like the composition, and fits nicely on theme.
Could have only been better if you still had some detail in the highlights of the sky, or if it had been a nice blue sky, sunny day, IMO.

Yep - I like that :D

LINKS in well withthe theme :D

Waiting I think is a nice image because it's just that one single person on the platform waiting, and i'm with you, I feel a little awkward sometimes, taking pics of people.

Rough is just a great image. I thought that someone would do this for the theme but you've done it really proud. Having the green, flag and clubhouse in the image but out of focus, is a really nice touch

Great take on the theme, I like the composition and the position of the ball in the long grass.

Thanks, Carl.

Waiting I think is a nice image because it's just that one single person on the platform waiting, and i'm with you, I feel a little awkward sometimes, taking pics of people.

Rough is just a great image. I thought that someone would do this for the theme but you've done it really proud. Having the green, flag and clubhouse in the image but out of focus, is a really nice touch

Thanks, Ian for the catchup comments. The Clubhouse is a bonus, I think either green or fairway would work for the theme.

Great composition and spot on theme!
The low viewpoint, the clubhouse in the background, the shallow depth of focus and having the writing on the ball at a slight angle all works together to make a great image that is perfect for the theme.

Superb image Stan!
Love the composition, and the colours are great....the blue flag is fine by me!
Glad to see that you didn't fore-get to place the 19th hole too!
Masterful use of DoF!
A hole in one!!(y)

Thanks, Gareth. Pleased you like the shot.

Great composition and spot on theme!
The low viewpoint, the clubhouse in the background, the shallow depth of focus and having the writing on the ball at a slight angle all works together to make a great image that is perfect for the theme.

Cheers, Lee. Well spotted. I, intentionally, placed the ball with the writings visible.

could of sworn I left a comment on this yesterday :thinking:, the low viewpoint and the DoF really make the picture, couldn't be more on theme very good indeed

Back