weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Really nice shot. Maybe that bright highlight needs a bit of control (or cloning) - but still a goodun!

Very good indeed. I had a similar idea but with a cigarette!!
I don't know much about stacking so I wouldn't know where to begin to get something like this.
Hats off, sir!!

Very good indeed. I had a similar idea but with a cigarette!!
I don't know much about stacking so I wouldn't know where to begin to get something like this.
Hats off, sir!!

Thanks, Bob. Cigarette never crosses from mind for this theme. The process of layers stacking is actually quite simple even for a thicko like me.

Catching up on what folks have been up to, apologies I've missed out some of your earlier images

Above- Really like bot shots, though the second looks a bit noisy
Hot- Great idea, well executed. best of the chili shots I have seen this week.

Catching up on what folks have been up to, apologies I've missed out some of your earlier images

Above- Really like bot shots, though the second looks a bit noisy
Hot- Great idea, well executed. best of the chili shots I have seen this week.

Thanks, Jon. No need to apologise I know we all have busy lives and appreciated your catch-up comments.

That`s a cracking take for Hot Stan, very well done and a great job too.

Thanks, Dave and for your support.

Very inventive concept Stan, and very nicely put together.
I love the bold colours and the composition.
I've dabbled in smoke photography a bit....what did you use for the smoke? I've used Joss sticks, they give really nice, delicate plumes, but stink the place out something awful! As a result I've been banished to the garage!:giggle:
Excellent work on this image Stan, really top notch.:clap:

Very inventive concept Stan, and very nicely put together.
I love the bold colours and the composition.
I've dabbled in smoke photography a bit....what did you use for the smoke? I've used Joss sticks, they give really nice, delicate plumes, but stink the place out something awful! As a result I've been banished to the garage!:giggle:
Excellent work on this image Stan, really top notch.:clap:

Thanks, Gareth and yes I used incense sticks for the smoke. I actually quite like the aromas and Mrs rpn don't mind either.

Very, very clever and inventive image for hot. Thinking outside the box and creating a superb image to look at.

Hi Stan, just catching up so apologies for that. Above I liked the first option but than noticed the second with the lights I like that. Hot, what an idea ! Great. When I first saw it I thought how has he done that ? Very clever and imaginative

Hi Stan, just catching up so apologies for that. Above I liked the first option but than noticed the second with the lights I like that. Hot, what an idea ! Great. When I first saw it I thought how has he done that ? Very clever and imaginative

Many thanks for all the comments, Chris.

I used incense sticks to create the smoke and in Photoshop; layers and some maskings to conceal the incense sticks.

I have a couple of ideas for this week theme and both I've tried once before. Drove down to the beach promenade quite late last night, after 10:00 pm, all dressed in black with hands full of camera equipment. Must look quite odd but luckily there was no one about at that time of the night.

The orbs were created with a home-made light stick and the results weren't perfect spheres.

Week 17 - Light (Orbs)

Light Spheres by Stan, on Flickr

Fantastic shot and take on the theme Stan, you nailed it. Love the colours and even the lights in the BG make this cool, love the red one as it has a blue one in it.

Thanks, Dave. The background lights are the offshore wind turbines and there should be a smaller orb inside the red one but the brightness of the red is too dominant.

Wow Stan....terrific orb work!:clap:
I'm always impressed with these images, and yours do not disappoint....superbly shot indeed!
Both are terrific and have some super qualities....don't think I have a favourite.
The subdued light from the background clouds in the first image are perfect, and the buildings in the background of the second image are very well placed and exposed.
Flawless!(y)

These are great Stan, my favourite for this weeks theme, it's always something I have wanted to try but never got round to it, inspiring stuff!

Awesome work, Stan. So creative! I think the first is my favourite because of the darker background, but they're all superb. Not something I've tried myself but you've made me want to give it a go. Well done

These are great Stan, my favourite for this weeks theme, it's always something I have wanted to try but never got round to it, inspiring stuff!

Awesome work, Stan. So creative! I think the first is my favourite because of the darker background, but they're all superb. Not something I've tried myself but you've made me want to give it a go. Well done

Thanks, Daniel and Carl. I enjoyed taking those shots and, for me, very unusual to go out late at night armed with camera equipment to take photography.

Clever stuff for light!

They are just fantastic images for Light Stan. Really great orbs - I have never got any of mine as spherical as you have. Very well done for that! All three are amazing! I shall have to give it another go after seeing your shots.

Clever stuff for light!

Thanks, Dave.

They are just fantastic images for Light Stan. Really great orbs - I have never got any of mine as spherical as you have. Very well done for that! All three are amazing! I shall have to give it another go after seeing your shots.

Cheers, Lee.

Oh come on Stan, give us all a chance eh :)

They are all fantastic shots mate. Hugely creative and colourful and a superb technique. Love all three of them

I like the darkness of the surroundings and the colour of the orbs in the first one

Loving the light shot, very creative :)

Love this image. It is something I want to try. Can I ask where you got your light stick? Bang on for this week's theme.

Back