weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Wow. love the light balls Stan, great image and I'd like to have a go at that one day too.

Like it! Really colourful, great exposure, the interest is there and the guy in the middle who is smiling prvides a good focal point to rest on. And the bokeh is just right. Nice image.

Like it! Really colourful, great exposure, the interest is there and the guy in the middle who is smiling prvides a good focal point to rest on. And the bokeh is just right. Nice image.

Thanks, Jim. I used a 70-200mm zoom at 170mm to isolate a small section of the crowd. I think any wider angle would result in too much going on and quite confusing.

Perfect shot for Crowd Stan. As Jim mentioned, you've nailed the field of view and focus with my eye drawn to the guy smiling. Great image :clap:

Certainly crowded couldn’t be more on theme as the other have said nice DoF helps with having a focus point among the masses

Looks close to 10,000 people in that picture Stan.

Very crowded for the theme. Chap with the orange sleeves looks a bit strange, but lots of blue works well.

Pete

Looks close to 10,000 people in that picture Stan.

Very crowded for the theme. Chap with the orange sleeves looks a bit strange, but lots of blue works well.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. @seaodyssey But not as strange as this Stormtrooper here on the right. I think he's a day late getting to the event; Star Wars' Day was Saturday!

This was the pre-race warm up exercise.

Warm Up by Stan, on Flickr

But I did spot Prince Harry with his sunglasses on in your original Photo.

Pete

But I did spot Prince Harry with his sunglasses on in your original Photo.

Pete

You mean the new daddy and well spotted, Pete.

Great crowd, I still get amazed that so many people like to run!

Thanks, Clive. Me too, all ages and some are quite senior and shapes and sizes too. Most ran for charities.

Fab image Stan, the first one is wonderfully bright and colourful....the blue tops really anchor the colours nicely!(y)
Perfect exposure and a great composition too....that guy on the right blowing his cheeks out says it all!
The second image is really good too....I am both impressed that these people hurt themselves for the benefit of others, and ashamed that I can't join them!!:giggle:

Fab image Stan, the first one is wonderfully bright and colourful....the blue tops really anchor the colours nicely!(y)
Perfect exposure and a great composition too....that guy on the right blowing his cheeks out says it all!
The second image is really good too....I am both impressed that these people hurt themselves for the benefit of others, and ashamed that I can't join them!!:giggle:

Thanks, Gareth. Yes, I can spend hours picking out look-alike and facial expressions in the first image. Agree, credit to them all for their fundraising work.

Right on theme Stan, the blue is quite distinguishable makes the shot ! Never got around to participating in one of these running events !

Right on theme Stan, the blue is quite distinguishable makes the shot ! Never got around to participating in one of these running events !

Thanks, Chris. Now is the time to get the training up and go for it. I used to play hockey in my younger days and at one stage I played in the morning for the school then another game in the afternoon for a Club.

I love the original crowd image Stan. It is perfect for theme and the way the sharp focus is drawn to the middle section, makes it for me

Fab crowd shots - the blue shirts make it.

Light - Wow! All are very nice, I like the amount of effort gone into making the glow stick and creating the spheres!

Crowd - Good shots for crowd, I like the second one better, but think that's because of the storm trooper! Very colourful and he/she stands out.

Fab crowd shots - the blue shirts make it.
Light - Wow! All are very nice, I like the amount of effort gone into making the glow stick and creating the spheres!

Crowd - Good shots for crowd, I like the second one better, but think that's because of the storm trooper! Very colourful and he/she stands out.

Thanks, Dave and Dom

This was taken last evening during the sunset hours at the far end of a beach in Paphos, Cyprus. There was some marine construction work here some years ago but unlike in the UK when construction is complete the work sites are put back to what it was before work started, here they just up stack and disappear with rubbish and temporary works like these sheet piling left abandoned and to decay.

Week 19 - Decay

Crumbling by Stan, on Flickr

It's the first one for me. Great image! I really like the light and the use of long exposure really suits, giving it an almost timeless feel. There is also plenty of interest in the shot and the composition really works. Bang on theme and my favourite for this theme so far.

It's the first one for me. Great image! I really like the light and the use of long exposure really suits, giving it an almost timeless feel. There is also plenty of interest in the shot and the composition really works. Bang on theme and my favourite for this theme so far.

Thanks, Jim. Agree that the first has more foreground interest.

Stan, these are both great shots, but the first is an exceptional image ! The rocks in the foreground, the subtle water and the fantastic evening light what’s not to like. One of my favourites for a long time !

Both really nice pictures, but I agree with your pick of the first one. Great colour in the sky & the blur of the sea...

Stan, these are both great shots, but the first is an exceptional image ! The rocks in the foreground, the subtle water and the fantastic evening light what’s not to like. One of my favourites for a long time !

Both really nice pictures, but I agree with your pick of the first one. Great colour in the sky & the blur of the sea...

Thanks, Chris & Mark. I was hoping to include the sunset too but that would result in those sheet pilings in silhouette and I really wanted to show the depilated and rusty state of the steel hence the camera points slight away from the sun.

Back