weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Building is a very nice shot Stan, like that you took it in such a way as to only show some of it.

Thanks, Dave. Buildings, in general, are pretty boring subject in a way. 4 walls and a roof. In this case, I try to highlight just the unique and iconic feature of this particular building and I think it works ok.

Hi Stan

• Building - Love the tower, that is something different.
  • Empty - I think I'm either #3, 'cos it's nice, or #4 as it's so unusual to see a carpark that large totally empty.
  • Plastic - That's an excellent mural/street art. Love how it transforms from full colour on the left half to mainly mono on the right.
  • Interior - Are you Mark (@Downton Mini) in disguise? ;) I would have positioned the seats at the same point as it's ever so slightly unsymmetrical and with the left seat back, looks slightly odd.
  • Life - A fun action shot and with images like that, not being tack sharp isn't really an issue, it's all about capturing the moment.
  • Free Week - So that's John Cleese on the left and Ronnie Corbett on the right? ;)

Hi Stan

• Building - Love the tower, that is something different.
  • Empty - I think I'm either #3, 'cos it's nice, or #4 as it's so unusual to see a carpark that large totally empty.
  • Plastic - That's an excellent mural/street art. Love how it transforms from full colour on the left half to mainly mono on the right.
  • Interior - Are you Mark (@Downton Mini) in disguise? ;) I would have positioned the seats at the same point as it's ever so slightly unsymmetrical and with the left seat back, looks slightly odd.
  • Life - A fun action shot and with images like that, not being tack sharp isn't really an issue, it's all about capturing the moment.
  • Free Week - So that's John Cleese on the left and Ronnie Corbett on the right? ;)

Thanks, Tim for the catchup comments and much appreciated.

The car park is only one of three of similar size and part of the Exhibition & Conference Centre waiting to be demolished. The council just built a new one costing £330million and at the same time cutting all other services.

I only noticed the seat positions afterward and I think Mark has a classic Mini.

An interesting tower maybe a few to many trees though in this view

Some fab shots for empty - and a nice looking building too!

Stan, the building and your composition works really well. I agree with your comment around the walls and roof. Something different and it works.

Building
It's a shame you didn't have the same light as the last shot. It's a good pov and a nice bit of history to go with it.

That looks like a big bunny what type is it? certainly looks soft too.

Awwwww likkle Bunster :D

Great shots since my last visit. I really like the set for EMPTY with the corridor being my favourite.
CHEWBACCA is perfect for SOFT, too!!!

Love;y subject for the theme Stan, nice focus on the eye. A closer portrait perhaps?

Thanks, Michael. The body/tummy is the long hair softie bits.

Lovely bunny image Stan, and yes they are soft.

Thank you Dave, for dropping by and appreciated your nice comments.

Fab bunny portrait Stan!(y)
Great fit for the theme, though as a former 'bunny-sitter' myself years ago, I must say that not all bunnies are soft....the one I 'sat' for was an absolute git!!:LOL:
It kicked and bit at anything that came close to it!
I hated the damn thing!:LOL:

Yours, however, looks a real 'softie'....adorable!

Fab bunny portrait Stan!(y)
Great fit for the theme, though as a former 'bunny-sitter' myself years ago, I must say that not all bunnies are soft....the one I 'sat' for was an absolute git!!:LOL:
It kicked and bit at anything that came close to it!
I hated the damn thing!

Yours, however, looks a real 'softie'....adorable!

Thanks, Gareth. Glad to know that I'm not alone to 'bunny-sit' for our siblings. He has been kicking out a couple of times at about 5:30 in the morning and that's when I really wanted to
IJ4QDDg.gif

:LOL:

Soft
How are bunnies as models, do they sit still or are they like cats, always bl**dy moving?

Nice shots for Building Stan. I too like the composition that you have chosen and the foliage partly frames to building nicely.

Soft - A definite tick for the theme! He does look super soft. I'm guessing from your post above that he isn't quite so cute when he is being your 0530 alarm clock!

Went to a classic/vintage car rally today, although there were many old cars on show but these two gentlemen caught my attention. I managed to captured this shot while they were deep in conversation with others.

Week 37 - Old & Technique

Old by Stan, on Flickr

Sept/Oct Technique - Rule of Thirds

Old Technique by Stan, on Flickr

Hi Stan,
  • Building - Nice use of light and shadow. I don't think it is, but the butresses really give it a feel of leaning to the left.
  • Soft - Aw, fluffy bunny. nice and sharp on the eyes (as we'd expect from you).
  • Old - Is that an old mini they are leaning on? Looks to be external beading. Love that you've added the overlay for the tech ;)

Hi Stan,
  • Building - Nice use of light and shadow. I don't think it is, but the butresses really give it a feel of leaning to the left.
  • Soft - Aw, fluffy bunny. nice and sharp on the eyes (as we'd expect from you).
  • Old - Is that an old mini they are leaning on? Looks to be external beading. Love that you've added the overlay for the tech ;)

Cheers, Tim.

I don't think the tower is leaning but now you mentioned it. :thinking:

Close enough for Mini. It's a Riley Elf.

I like your "Old" - I had a notion of something similar but you got it perfectly. I like the Elf too - a good friend of mine had one back in the day, I had a Ford Anglia. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

I like your "Old" - I had a notion of something similar but you got it perfectly. I like the Elf too - a good friend of mine had one back in the day, I had a Ford Anglia. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Thanks, Lindsay. I looking forward to seeing your version.
My first car was 10 years old Renault 8, cost £100. It was a lot of money then. £1200 tody's money according to Google search.

Old
It works well in black and white. It's a good capture of the two old boys, having a good old chin wag.

Back