weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Old
It works well in black and white. It's a good capture of the two old boys, having a good old chin wag.

Thanks, Dominic. My thought behind the black and white conversion is it suits the theme better.

Smashing mono image for 'old' Stan!(y)
Expert use of the technique too.
It's nice that you put proof of the technique too....not that we doubted you for a second!;)

Cheers, Gareth. I should've cropped a bit more on the left to have the other gentleman eye on the left thirds too.

I'm still here and a couple of days late for Week 38. Weather has been poor for a few days not able to go outside for the Flower shot then it was my turn to be under the weather. Got a stinking cold in the last three days but just managed to nip out in between showers to capture this shot yesterday.

Week 38 - Flower

Fuchsia by Stan, on Flickr

That's a lovely image. Fuschias are one of my favourite variety of flowers and this pic is just great. I love the way the colours pop and the DoF really isolates the subject.

That Flower shot is stunning, with excellent dof

That's a lovely image. Fuschias are one of my favourite variety of flowers and this pic is just great. I love the way the colours pop and the DoF really isolates the subject.

Thanks, Jim. They are the only plant still flowering in my back garden the rest are in their winter break! :)

Lovely image beautifully sharp and lovely colours! Perfect.

Cheers, Joan.

That's a fantastic image Stan, really like the long exposure technique on this.(y)
The central composition of the groyne works well, and the sky is certainly moody.
A dull day, but definitely not a dull image!

**edit**

The two conversion are really good, though I think I still prefer the colour version...the subtle colours work so well.
The mono is terrific however!

Last edited:
I really like the colour one best. It is a lovely image. And certainly not dull. Even without the groyne it is beautiful.

Stan, I think I like the colour panorama best - very moody. Nice job

I agree with the others, the colour version is a great picture. The colour separates the sky from the sea.

Nice take on dull - soft sepia does it for me :)

Flower
Good looking fuchsia

Dull
It's the colour version for me. That subtle hint of colour, gives it the edge over the others.

Hi Stan,

Flower - Loving the vibrant colours and the water droplets. Stands out well aganst the dark green of the background.
Dull - OOooh, the panoramic version for me :) I preferred the colour to the sepia, but then got to Pano :)

Really nice image, great use of the avai;able light and the red light streaks give a lovely bit of interest - great stuff.

Good shot, the floating trail of red lights look great, plus the reflections in the big puddle.

Nicely done, the light trails lead in to the building and fill the space in the right third well

Back