weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Time
Yup, that's one strange clock, I suppose it could only be in Holland.

Hi Stan,

Nice interesting Image, good find and as Dave said it's about 5, (yes I checked the exif data as well).
As you say it's a bit soft, and over sharpened by the look of the halo's along the roof line.

Pete

That's crazy Stan. Shame it's so far away etc but that's one mad clock and i'm glad you shared it mate

Hi Stan,

Time - That's a weird ol sundial you found there. I presume it works with those gaps at the angle it's built, it certainly isn't something you could move about.

Squash(ed) - Can't complain about phone shots when the quality is of that level. Presumably cropped in to avoid clutter? it certainly works well like that.

Fragile - All very nice images, but yes, I agree with your choice for the theme, banging!

Whole - Works nicely, good colour matching, but after showing your 2017 post, it comes 2nd tp that ('cos I'm a sucker for vibrant colours, and the staples are a bit reminiscent of Dabi from BNHA).

Free Week - Not my thing I'm afraid. Well taken, but nothing 'grabs me'. Sorry.

Decay - Loving the colours in the first and the closer feel of the second. Hard choice, but the second for me 'just' edges it maybe?

Crowd - Does what it says on the tin, portrays the theme. But being picky again, nothing really grabs my eye. (except perhaps the expression on the chap in the middle 3 or 4 from the right, okay so it's has grown on me a bit).

Light - Lovely. Much more my thing. Vibrant colours and it instantly grabs the eye. (I am coming across so shallow and Gen Z !!!)

Hot - Very nice, again with the colours :) Nice bit of pp for the smoke too.

Above (retake) - I so want that to be a VC10 rather than an MD80 (I think that's what it is, I doubt there are any 727s or BAC1-11s still flying).

Hi Stan, interesting find for time. Never seen anything like that before. It looks Arabic to me but stands a chance I am totally wrong !

Firstly, I've been really struggling with this week's theme and secondly, my wife gave me a fright today with her taken to hospital in an ambulance with siren blaring. She was struggling for breath and rapid heartbeats at 160-180bpm (normal is 50-80bpm). 5 hours later and with everything checked she is all fine and back to her usual self now.

So, I was left with the task of cooking dinner tonight and this scene was presented in front of me. A pan of boiling water FULL of bubbles.

Week 25 - Full (of Bubbles)

Full of Bubbles by Stan, on Flickr

Full
Well I must say, well done for the dedication you've shown, I'm sure in the circumstances a late submission would have been fine. I hope the wife is relaxing in an armchair, being waited on hand and foot.
As for your photo, I quite like it. It's very abstract.

What a lovely inventive image - so much interesting detail to it. Bravo

But more importantly, i'm glad your wife is ok now. That must have been incredibly scary for you both

Fantastic abstract image Stan....I really do like this sort of thing....one can really lose oneself in the bubbles, figuratively speaking!
Likewise, I too hope your wife is feeling better now....must have been scary, may I extend my best wishes to you both.:)

Reactions: rpn
Fantastic abstract image Stan....I really do like this sort of thing....one can really lose oneself in the bubbles, figuratively speaking!
Likewise, I too hope your wife is feeling better now....must have been scary, may I extend my best wishes to you both.:)

Thank you, Gareth. Wife is doing very well. She now got medications to control your heartbeat and also to thin the blood to prevent clotting. She's waiting on appointments for scan and x-ray.

I like both. If you were at home I would think you had raided your wife's stash of food colouring but if you have managed this on holiday I am well impressed. I like both with a small leaning towards the first.

Marvellous image Stan, very clever use of colour.
I think I like the simplicity of #2 better, plus it's RGB!:giggle:
Both are fantastic however, and I wouldn't want to pick a favourite....even though I did technically just do that!
Hope you have a terrific staycation Stan!(y)

Marvellous image Stan, very clever use of colour.
I think I like the simplicity of #2 better, plus it's RGB!:giggle:
Both are fantastic however, and I wouldn't want to pick a favourite....even though I did technically just do that!
Hope you have a terrific staycation Stan!(y)

Thanks, Gareth. Agree #2 is a cleaner and simpler image.

Two great shots Stan for drink, but it`s got to be the #2 for me fantastic.

Cheers, Dave.

Week 25 - Glad your wife ok. Bubbles is a good abstract image.
Week 26 - I really like the idea for drink, the colours , angles of glasses, lighting. All works really well Great shot.

Drink
#1 is a little better than #2, but if I hadn't seen the first one, I would still have been pretty impressed with your submission.

Fab shot for DRINK!

No1 gets the nod!

Hi Stan

First of the 2 shots for Drink, more to look at and drink in those colours.

Pete

Thanks, everyone for the comments and all the nice words I've been a bit busy and also with oversea visitors keeping me away from here for a few weeks. They are heading home tomorrow and other events are also quieting down too.

Anyway, forward and onward to the second half of this year's challenge.

Towels for cleaning my car and one of them is for the engine bay!

Week 27 - Dirty

Dirty by Stan, on Flickr

Love your last 3 shots Stan, Full has so much detail in it and at first glance wasn't sure what it was! Lovely lighting for Drink too, really well set up shot! Dirty is spot on!

That's one mucky rag! Nice contrast withthe others :)

That's one mucky rag! Nice contrast withthe others :)

Thanks, Dave. It has been well used.

Hi Stan, dirty is great, colours stand out really nicely and give a great contrast tot he dirty rag.
Drink, Like both of those, nice clean shots. The 2nd take would be my top choice, I prefer the composition with just 3 drinks in it.

Cheers, Michael.

Back