weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Hi Stan,

A bit of a catch up from me...

Fragile - A beautiful image. Absolutely amazing. The fragility really comes across.
Squashed - Good image. The crop and composition works well.
Time - Now that is an interesting sundial. I guess without the Sun the time is anyones guess although the optimist in me wants to say Beer o'clock!
Full - Great macro and it certainly is full of them. I like the steam coming off them. How did you prevent your lens from steaming up? Great to hear that your wife is okay.
Drink - what a fantastic shot! I prefer the first one with all the different glass shapes and colours. Simply brilliant!
Dirty - Another cracking creative shot that is just perfect :clap:

Terrific concept and a very well executed image Stan!
It's clear that you are not only hugely dedicated to photography, but also engine cleanliness!!:giggle:

Thanks, Gareth. The dirty rug is more for the dip stick than keeping the engine bay clean. My first car was very basic without all these modern days electronics/computerised systems so oil and water level checks was a routine. A habit I just keep to these days.

Love the DIRTY shot, it is so colourful and nicely composed.

Thanks, Joan.

Hi Stan,

A bit of a catch up from me...

Fragile - A beautiful image. Absolutely amazing. The fragility really comes across.
Squashed - Good image. The crop and composition works well.
Time - Now that is an interesting sundial. I guess without the Sun the time is anyones guess although the optimist in me wants to say Beer o'clock!
Full - Great macro and it certainly is full of them. I like the steam coming off them. How did you prevent your lens from steaming up? Great to hear that your wife is okay.
Drink - what a fantastic shot! I prefer the first one with all the different glass shapes and colours. Simply brilliant!
Dirty - Another cracking creative shot that is just perfect :clap:

Thanks so much, Lee for all the nice words much appreciated.

Hi Stan

Good Image for the theme, pity your washing machine if its still that dirty. Nice use of colour to highlight the dirty clothe. Would have worked well with the current technique, but the OOF background works equally as well.

Pete

Good shot for dirty Stan, nice Dof and sharp where it should be.

Thanks, Dave.

Hi Stan

Good Image for the theme, pity your washing machine if its still that dirty. Nice use of colour to highlight the dirty clothe. Would have worked well with the current technique, but the OOF background works equally as well.

Pete

Cheers, Pete. That oily rag has never been through the washing machine or even hand washed!

The 911 was a great looking car and think it was great in red, loving the angle you took it at and technique too.

Thanks, Dave. It's a great looking car regardless of the colour and I would love to own one, in my dream. :sleep: :)

A terrific image of such a important car with an unmistakable rear end!
Good use of the selective colour technique to highlight those wonderfully characteristic tail lights.
Great work Stan!(y)

Thanks, Gareth. The car is actually white so there aren't that many colours to choose from.

Nice car - ncie pic

A nice wide wheel arch on a classic car, really nicely done and the colour pop really works well.

Not really a fan of cars but it’s a nice use of selective colour

The 911 Turbo is a great car, super shot and nice pop. :)

Spotted this double locked gate in town the other day. Like most High Streets in the UK, shops are shutted or closed down every day. This was captured late last night when the street was quieter and decided to convert to mono for that neglected and rundown feel.

Week 29 - Closed

Closed by Stan, on Flickr

Nice mono and definitely closed!

Hi Stan,

Closed - Nice use of black on black, emphasising that the entrance is barred.
Wide - Porsche's qualify as wide (y) I'm actually more interested in the Granada (I think, but it could be a mk4/5 Cortina) in the background though :)
Dirty - Good use of DoF and liking the use of colour except... The yellow peg on the left is a bit of a distraction. I may have been tempted to remove it before taking the shot (ok, I know I wouldn't have noticed and would have ended up chaning it's colour to something darker in post).
Drinks - #2 - I Really, really, really like this one. Simply excellent. Nothing more I can really say ! :clap:
Full - My god... The mrs rushed to hospital and you're getting your theme in. I know it's a few weeks now (and I've not read through all the subsequent comments), but I hope she's okay now.

Closed, that's a good shot and unfortunately sums up some of our high streets well, so bang on theme. It suits b&w perfectly..

Hi Stan

Closed, great rendition in B&W, the dark adds a closed feel to the image. Lots of details.

Wide, I was going to do a wide car pic as well, but did not have time to drive it somewhere nicer than just the drive. Did you try it with the Turbos wide wing in the photo?
Nice car and good crop which enhances the wide wheel arch. Colour pop works well.

Nice old gate the keyhole looks like it’s in the shape of a cross which is unusual a nice gritty black and white conversion too

Nice image for closed, I like the close in crop it really gives it atmosphere, along with the B&W processing. Nicely done

Back