weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

So many musicians in other's submissions this week so I decided to try something different and still need a helping hand from Mrs rpn.

The shot was taken in the midday sun with strong contrast and shadow also I'm not too happy with the background building so converted it to mono.

Week 48 Play(ground)

Play by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sometimes it can`t be helped with a BG, but turning it to B&W has made this a nice image and good that Mrs RPN stood in for you.

Thanks, Dave. The aperture was set to widest open at f2.8 but the background is too sharp for my intention. Sometimes I think those Fuji lenses are too good. :)

Nice bit of sillywet there :D

That's a good picture, especially in mono with the subject as a silhouette

Hi Stan

Great minds think alike, at least on the swing. The strong directional sunlight we are getting this time of year is hard to work with, But you have nailed it mostly.

Pete

Nice one Stan. Interesting that both you and Pete have posted swings so close together in the thread, but quite so differently.
That's a cool bit of silhouetting you have going on there. One thing I might have changed in pp was the poster on the lamp post, but that's only a minor personal thing. (y)

Great shot Stan!:clap:
You definitely made the right choice for the mono look....I suspect that building would have been a little too distracting otherwise.
Great silhouette aswell...(I think that's what Dave @-Oy- meant!:LOL:)
Smashing image indeed!

Thanks, Gareth for the nice words.

Nice one Stan. Interesting that both you and Pete have posted swings so close together in the thread, but quite so differently.
That's a cool bit of silhouetting you have going on there. One thing I might have changed in pp was the poster on the lamp post, but that's only a minor personal thing. (y)

Thanks, Tim. Now that you mentioned the poster I just didn't notice it at all.

Nice silhouette, to me it says a little bit of fun in a depressing landscape, if you see what I mean.

My last week here in Paphos before heading back to the cold, wet and windy UK on Saturday. The weather here has been in the average mid-20s during the day and stunning sunset most days.

This was taken earlier today from a higher viewpoint above the town looking out to the sea.

Week 49 - (City View) Below

Below by Stan, on Flickr

My last week here in Paphos before heading back to the cold, wet and windy UK on Saturday. The weather here has been in the average mid-20s during the day and stunning sunset most days.

This was taken earlier today from a higher viewpoint above the town looking out to the sea.

Week 49 - (City View) Below

Below by Stan, on Flickr
Nice shot, and well on theme too :)

I really like the Below image, I like the way the (almost) blanket light colours of the foreground are totally counteracted by the vivid sky, the tree adds a nice bit of foreground interest and the horizon on the 1/3rd line really balances it nicely. Very pleasing to look at, and it makes me feel warm.

I really like the Below image, I like the way the (almost) blanket light colours of the foreground are totally counteracted by the vivid sky, the tree adds a nice bit of foreground interest and the horizon on the 1/3rd line really balances it nicely. Very pleasing to look at, and it makes me feel warm.

Thanks, Jim for the kind words. The weather here been good this year compares to previous years' Decembers.

Beautiful sky Stan, great colours, enjoy the trip back.

Cheers, Clive. Looking forward to getting home for Christmas with the family but not the two and a half hours drive to Aberdeen after landing in Edinburgh about 10 at night.

I have a few ideas for this week's free choice but my main goal was this quarter's long exposure technique. I went out just when the sun was setting as I want to capture the last of the daylight blue hour period too.

Week 50 - Snapper's Choice (Light Trails + Long Exposure Technique)

Long Trails by Stan, on Flickr

Beautiful, blue hour light trail image Stan!:clap:
I like the brake lights coming on further towards the traffic lights, and the reflections in the wet road surface is great!
At a full 30 seconds, it most certainly qualifies for the long exposure technique!(y)

Beautiful, blue hour light trail image Stan!:clap:
I like the brake lights coming on further towards the traffic lights, and the reflections in the wet road surface is great!
At a full 30 seconds, it most certainly qualifies for the long exposure technique!(y)

Thanks, Gareth. I would like to have more red trails on the left lane.

Great idea :D looks really nice with the blue sky, my shot was a little too late in the day for that, but I will be returning.

Personally, I would like to crop some of the water sky as it is not adding anything to the image. ;) :whistle:

:exit:

That's a very nice long exposure there Stan. I quite like the fact that horizon is on the centre line. The wet road surface really adds to it.

Back