weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Excellent image Stan!(y)
Great composition and the lighting is spot on.
I think I like the closer square cropped version....love the detail in the glowing match head.
How did you get it to glow by the way?
Please tell me you didn't actually plug it in?!:LOL:

Cheers, Gareth. Patient and a series of shots to check and get the right settings.

Started with the two matches 'plugged' into the socket. Note; NOT the extension lead. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Then, took a couple of shots to get the settings right.
Light one of the matches and, again, took a series of shots while the match is burning, when its out with smoke trails (no luck with that) and another when the match is burned out. Check and adjust the settings again.
Finally, light the second match and again a series of shots to get the best one. No luck with smoke trails too.

I like both versions of Short, really clever idea and well set up and executed.

Short - great idea for the theme, very clever. For me it's the wider crop.

Nice pic and nice light!

Bang on theme and I agree nice light which is quite lucky for this time of year

Bang on theme and I agree nice light which is quite lucky for this time of year

Thanks, Allan. I took the same shot the day before but the condition wasn't as good so I tried again the day after.

And this is the shot.

Aberdeen Bay by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
That's a great image for Environment. The light really worked in it and the clouds also look interesting

A sight that is becoming more common around the coast of the UK; offshore wind farm. Taken early today at 3:30 just when the sun is setting behind me.

Week 46 - Environmental (friendly energy)

Environment by Stan, on Flickr
Great shot, lovely light and colours there :)

Taken earlier today with a little help from Mrs rpn to add the context of the shipwreck far out in the distance. The wreck is the MV Demetrios II which ran aground off Paphos lighthouse back in 1998. Subsequent investigation shows that the Greek captain and the Pakistani first officer competency certificates were both forgeries.

Week 47 - Far

Far by Stan, on Flickr

Super shot and bang on theme :) I love that little puddle :)

Hi Stan

Very nice Image and Mrs Rpn helps set the scene, does not look like a shipwreak, but I have seen it stuck there years back and will have another oppertunity in 6months when me and Mrs Seaodyssey visit again.

Pete

Hi Stan

Very nice Image and Mrs Rpn helps set the scene, does not look like a shipwreak, but I have seen it stuck there years back and will have another oppertunity in 6months when me and Mrs Seaodyssey visit again.
Pete

Thanks, Pete. Yes, it doesn't look like a wreck from a distance as it is stuck on some rocks. But its superstructure and all the decks are gone with only the hull is still intact.

Here's a shot taken by my son with his 3DR drone some years ago.

That is a terrific image Stan!:clap:

Fantastic silhouette and the light is captured so very well.
The drone image is top notch too, and really gives some background.
Great work!

Thanks, Gareth for the nice words. Looking at the shot again I should have asked Mrs to sit down as I'm not happy with the horizon line cutting the neckline.

Pete, @seaodyssey. I'm sure you know about the other shipwreck, Edro III, further along the coast past Coral Bay. Plenty of photo opportunities there but busy in the summer at sunset hour.

Edro III Sunset Wreck by Stan, on Flickr

Sunset Wreck by Stan, on Flickr

Hi Stan, I did not, so it's now on my list. I know of the and have been down to the Zenobia, but not much good for Sunset pic.

Pete

Reactions: rpn
Great image for far, I really like the silhouette treatment and it's nicely composed.

Far are all great shots, we saw that when we visited Cyprus a few years back. I didn't have a camera with me at the time though. I think the last 2 look the best with the beautiful sunset :)

Back