weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Cheers, Chris. Don't mind the stuff but given a choice..... prefer not.
So you are ambivalent about Marmite?
:D

Reactions: rpn
Transport - No 1 for me I prefer the brighter colours against the grey of the water.

Fence - Love y image great use of the fence as a leading line to pull you right in to the image. DoF works perfectly for me.

Transport - No 1 for me I prefer the brighter colours against the grey of the water.

Fence - Love y image great use of the fence as a leading line to pull you right in to the image. DoF works perfectly for me.

Thanks, Mark for the catch-up comment. Glad you like the shots.

Love the composition for fence, but I find the out of focus foreground a bit distracting and extending the dof a little might have avoided that.

Great composition - I can't decide on the dof... I think it may be the in-focus grass on the right that slight throws me. Nice take albeit!

Love your fence shot the DOF is excellent.

Great composition! Let down by a too shallow DoF ;)

Sounds far too much like hard work Stan, but I guess you have the time on your hands...
That has worked really well. Stacking to get the focus you want, well, it's beyond me so I'm always impressed.
Great colours too.

That is lovely. I think you've got just the right amount of depth of field so that the distant leaves are oof.

I confess I thought about photographing a daffodil on a black background but it did seem like too much hard work :oops: :$ Well done!

That is lovely. I think you've got just the right amount of depth of field so that the distant leaves are oof.

I confess I thought about photographing a daffodil on a black background but it did seem like too much hard work :oops: :$ Well done!

Thank you. It was taken in the back garden and the background is the hedge at a distance. In pp I just lower the shadow and black sliders.

Nice stacking Stan, great colour and well composed impressed you did it outside too I would have cut it and brought it inside

@LC2 perfect time to learn as Stan says its not that hard

Well done Stan.. a lovely shot. I have never tried focus stacking but I suspect I might be googling it this evening!

The focus stacking certainly worked, all in focus looks excellent, as does the vivid flower against the dark background

Nice stacking Stan, great colour and well composed impressed you did it outside too I would have cut it and brought it inside

Thanks, Allan. The reason I shot it outside is I'm not very good with indoor artificial lighting.

Well done Stan.. a lovely shot. I have never tried focus stacking but I suspect I might be googling it this evening!

Thanks, Helen. What Allan said; its not that hard. Photoshop does most of the work. I'm sure other software can too.

I tried and failed a couple of years ago. But as you say, plenty of time to try again (except I'm expected to wfh - so other than not being able to go out, life isn't that much different).

I tried and failed a couple of years ago. But as you say, plenty of time to try again (except I'm expected to wfh - so other than not being able to go out, life isn't that much different).

You are doing a great job, Tim, keeping the country moving forward. (y) The world is in turmoil right now.

Very nice Stan, and the droplets also add to the image

Great colours, great droplets, and great sharpness thanks to focus stacking (y)

Hi Stan

Great Image with the blue against the black.
Which software did you use to focus stack, Did it take long to process, it has worked very well.

Pete

Hi Stan

Great Image with the blue against the black.
Which software did you use to focus stack, Did it take long to process, it has worked very well.

Pete

I still use an old version of Photoshop CS6. Not really worth my while to subscript to the latest PS CC for the amount of processing I do. The whole process only involves about half a dozen steps. Plenty of Know-How on YouTube.

I still use an old version of Photoshop CS6. Not really worth my while to subscript to the latest PS CC for the amount of processing I do. The whole process only involves about half a dozen steps. Plenty of Know-How on YouTube.
Like wise Stan, I'm not using Lightroom anymore as 1 of my cameras is not supported. I'm now using on1raw 2020 Got it with 50% off earlier on, which works well on my tower PC with an old but good graphics card to handle the processing. My laptop which uses the Intel on Chip graphics does not like it that much. It has a lot of PS freatures and now having a bit of time I have been checking them out with the help of YouTube.

Pete

Back