weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Yep - that works a treat!

I do like a bit of focus stacking.
You've got that nice and sharp and I like the water drops.

Reactions: rpn
Both shots are great, but for me I think I prefer No2, I like the close up nature of it and textures in there.

I like the detail in the second one but the first one made me smile so that's my vote!

I really like the first shot, but what amazing detail on the second. Very nicely taken!

Both shots are great, but for me I think I prefer No2, I like the close up nature of it and textures in there.

Thanks Alex and Jim. My seldom-used 105mm Macro lens got an outing for that.

I really like your first take on the theme. Very clever,

I also like the detail in No 2

A very clever idea for the theme (#1) Stan.
Nice close-ups too (y)

Nicely done Stan. Number 1 gets my vote for a clever take on the theme. I love the detail in the second.

Nice bit of photoshoppery. I think I'd like to speed up time at the moment rather than holding it back!

Great take on the theme and well done with PS. I do like #2 for the colour and detail though.

Nice bit of compositing Stan, but I think I prefer the tight crop of the skeleton watch.
Because of the rich colours that you've captured and because skeleton watch :)

Great take on the theme and well done with PS. I do like #2 for the colour and detail though.

Thank you, Tim and Helen, much appreciated.

Both great shots. I'd have gone with the second one. But the first is nice and quirky.

Nice clean shot of the watch and a really nice touch with the PP

Number 1 for me, but the detail in 2 is impressive. If you were moving a minute back would it not be at 11 minutes past 2, to give you the preferred photographic time for a watch?

Nice clean shot of the watch and a really nice touch with the PP

Number 1 for me, but the detail in 2 is impressive. If you were moving a minute back would it not be at 11 minutes past 2, to give you the preferred photographic time for a watch?

Thanks, Allan and Stuart.
@StuartPearson I did think about that 'classic' smiley 10 minutes past 10 o'clock setup which means I would be standing on the 3 0'clock markers holding up the minute hand. However, In the end, I opt for the 'pushing' to give more scope to play with the miniature 'selfie' positionings.

Great effort with Photoshop, great idea, works well and made me laugh!

The level of detail and the colours in your back-up shot are amazing.

Like almost everyone else around the world we are stuck in the house but managed to catch-up with some DIY and tidying up the garden. All the while I've been thinking about what to shoot for this week and at the same time trying to fulfill the High Key technique. Then this appears in front of me while doing what the government has been telling us all the time. "Wash Your Hands!" Any idea what it is?

Week 15 Snappers Choice and High Key Technique

High Key by Stan, on Flickr

I like the pattern and the photo is definitely high key. My first thought was vertically down at a mattress, but you wouldn't see that when washing your hands, so I'll go with window blinds?

Last edited:
Back