weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

lovely puffin images, those colours just pop really well. the composition on the first one is great too.

lovely puffin images, those colours just pop really well. the composition on the first one is great too.

Lovely image Stan. Gorgeous birds.

Thanks, Jim and Helen.
I always look forward to this time of the year to shoot them, as with a camera, not with a gun. :giggle:

#2 for me personally - the slightly tougher framing on the 2 swans and the mirrored head poses make it. Lovely detail on the two birds though - not easy with bright white swans!

Reactions: rpn
Nicely done Stan. And #2 for me as well.

#2 for me personally - the slightly tougher framing on the 2 swans and the mirrored head poses make it. Lovely detail on the two birds though - not easy with bright white swans!

Nicely done Stan. And #2 for me as well.

Thanks, Alex and Chris. #2 was my original choice for the main post but changed my mind in the last minute.

2nd one for me also Stan, not seen many ducklings this year let alone swans usually get them on the canal which is close to us

Tough but I think number one for me, it's the look your are getting which does it! The exposure in all of them is very well controlled.

Lovely images, it's no 2 for me as it's a simpler image. Great job

Snapper Choice: Lovely Puffin images Love the one of the one peeping round the rock.

Mother Nature: Another vote for No 2.

Good exposure on the swans. I'm also going for the second shot.

Went out for a walkabout this morning around the university campus looking for inspirations for this week's theme and hopefully technique too. I spotted this and thought there are a few signs there and also the Church (bible) and the Bar (alcohol) for the juxtaposition technique!!! Maybe???

Week 27 Signs and Juxtaposition Technique

Week 27 Signs T2 2869 BW by Stan, on Flickr

I like the B&W more and a good mix of signs. It was actually the "walk" and "cycle" bits which I initially thought were meant to be the juxtaposition!

The walk/cycle works me too. Too much church history in booze (brewing beer, communion, etc) for that to be a historian fruit me.

The black and white version is rather nice.

good choice of plenty of signs! For me it's the colour version and the walk/cycle too.

Back