weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

You've done well to think of that, it's probably something I would have missed.

Great composition - really nice. However - a diesel Jag still just isn't right...

Cheers, Alex and with the way things are going will be electric soon.

Colours work well and a good idea for the theme.

Thanks, Pete. Its one of those light bulb moments that suddenly come to my head. Been struggling for ideas for a few days, then......

Interesting composition and colours Stan, it works well (y)

Reactions: rpn
Great angle for the theme and the shot :)

Thanks, Helen.

Works for the theme (y).
I might have tried a different crop, giving the mascot more space and losing some of the bottom right.

Cheers, Tim. Excellent comments there and very good points.

For a change, I knew exactly what I wanted to capture for this week when the theme came out but it took until this morning to find the subject. However, I also have a Plan B and I was able to execute that quite early on Friday as insurance shot in case I have no luck with the swan. One of the more graceful bird.

Week 30 Graceful

Graceful Swan by Stan, on Flickr

Great minds not so sure about that. :LOL: I too had a swan picture :eek:

all good images for the theme but I think you made the right choice with the swan

Nice Swan!

I'm on the lookout for one too this week.

Personal - Same idea as me! good take on the theme.

Graceful - Swan for me that was my first thought but all the swans around by us appear to have gone on holiday!

Swans are most certainly among if not the most graceful bird (y)

Having spent a day yesterday trying and failing to get some graceful animal manoeuvres, I decided I need to visit the local venue for swans, and you have beaten me to it!

He (?) is well placed in the frame with a good reflection, and nicely exposed :giggle:

Personal - Same idea as me! good take on the theme.

Graceful - Swan for me that was my first thought but all the swans around by us appear to have gone on holiday!

Thanks, Mark.

Swans are most certainly among if not the most graceful bird (y)

Cheers, Chris.

Having spent a day yesterday trying and failing to get some graceful animal manoeuvres, I decided I need to visit the local venue for swans, and you have beaten me to it!

He (?) is well placed in the frame with a good reflection, and nicely exposed :giggle:

Thanks, I look forward to seeing your version.

The colours and reflection of the swan work well.

Cheers, Phil.

Nice set of images Stan but definitely the swan for me - they are so graceful considering what goes on under the waterline.

Went out late last night about 8:15 pm hoping to shoot this but when I got to the park the play area was still full of kids running about. I decided to go for a walk in the park and when I got back to the play area most of the kids were gone or about to go. Just when the last family was leaving a group of teenagers arrived, what good timing, not. :mad: Hoping they don't hang around for too long I waited in the car and 10 minutes later the teenagers start to leave but just at the same time as I was getting out of the car with the camera another family arrived with a 4-5 years old girl to play in the park at 9:50 pm. :oops: :$:mad: Seriously, who takes their 5 years old kid to play in the park at 10 o'clock at night!:rolleyes::mad: I know I have the right to take photos in public but I always avoid it when kids are about knowing some parents' minds are like sewage.:giggle:

Went back early this morning and got this. Quite a challenge condition to balance the exposure with a very bright sky background and the subject in the trees' shadows. In the end, I processed it with Nik HDR Eflx Pro 2 which I haven't use for many years.

Well, this train ain't going anywhere now, in fact, it is totally static. It was a working train hauling coal about around the harbour area back in the days.

Week 31 Static

Static by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Worth the efort - Static is sure is!

Back