weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Not seen pegs used in the 52 for a while. You've probably started a revival ;)
Liking that there are 3 (maybe 4?) lines in use and the shallow DoF that actually brings two into focus.

Thanks, Tim. I've had pegs as props for a couple of themes over the years.

That works well Stan, colourful too.

Cheers, Clive.

Just catching up!!

Music - Sheet music has been a popular element to include for this theme in which it works well.
A bit of contrast too between the old music and the more modern keyboard.

Colourful - Fantastic image, really caught my eye, great crisp lines and solid colours.
Definitely has an optical illusion feel to it.

Something Old - Great reflections, with just the right light conditions. Would it benefit having the black level adjusted?

Liquid - Eye-catching, bright, well defined, like the contrast between the bubbles and the background.

A Household Item - Thankfully the weather has been decent to make use of them!
I like the variations, did you consider a wider shot to get the first peg on the top left in full?

Great colours and super shallow DoF. Works well!

Just catching up!!

Music - Sheet music has been a popular element to include for this theme in which it works well.
A bit of contrast too between the old music and the more modern keyboard.

Colourful - Fantastic image, really caught my eye, great crisp lines and solid colours.
Definitely has an optical illusion feel to it.

Something Old - Great reflections, with just the right light conditions. Would it benefit having the black level adjusted?

Liquid - Eye-catching, bright, well defined, like the contrast between the bubbles and the background.

A Household Item - Thankfully the weather has been decent to make use of them!
I like the variations, did you consider a wider shot to get the first peg on the top left in full?

Thanks, Stuart for the catchup comments.

I've to tip-toe to get the pegs shot so I didn't spend too much time to get different angles.

Reactions: rpn
Second one for me too Stan I don’t think Monday is an archive really

Nope - no spadger for me!

No2 is good too.

I'm learning every day, that's a new word to me; spadger. (y)

Sparrows are always Spadgers round here.

And Starlings are Sheppies :)

I like both for the theme, just trying to get a fox cub looking through long grass and failed.
Are they sparrows though? I was thinking maybe a Twite from the eye marking...but I'm not an ornithologist

I like both for the theme, just trying to get a fox cub looking through long grass and failed.
Are they sparrows though? I was thinking maybe a Twite from the eye marking...but I'm not an ornithologist

Thanks, Clive.

I'm not a birdie man either just thought they are common house sparrows. Maybe some expert can confirm.

I also prefer the second one, it's a really nice catch.

2nd for me too - not an easy exposure with the bird (sorry for the non-committal sparrow / spadger / twite etc...) in the shadows like that.

First took a couple of looks, and I'll admit that in the main thread I thought it might have been some seeds/bulbs etc hidden under the soil... :exit:

2nd for me too - not an easy exposure with the bird (sorry for the non-committal sparrow / spadger / twite etc...) in the shadows like that.

First took a couple of looks, and I'll admit that in the main thread I thought it might have been some seeds/bulbs etc hidden under the soil... :exit:

Thanks, Alex. let's just call it a garden bird whether it's a sparrow, spadger or twite.

Just looked again and BOOM! I see her! I was looking behind the chicken wirev lol.

It took me a good while to find the sparrow on the 1st Stan. I think I prefer the 2nd though.

In #1 he is definitely more "hidden" but I prefer the second one too for composition.

Ha ha he is well hidden. I had to zoom in to find him on the first pic. I agree number two is the better composition, but there's no doubt he's well hidden in 1.

Back