weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Hi Stan,

I love the wet shots but in particular the umbrella, your depth of field is perfect, the droplets so sharp, and B&W suits this theme. Thumbs up from me.

Both images are very good but I think the brolly wns it for me, really nicely done.

Reactions: rpn
I really like both of these Wet shots. I found the umbrella shot really striking when I first saw it on the main thread, but the other is really good too.

Lovely splash of orange in your Autumn pic - the first is the winner for me.

The Artificial shot - for a moment I thought I had stumbled into @Cobra's thread! What is Harry doing there? Has he left home?? Fits the theme nicely.

Nice umbrella shot bang on theme.

Thank you. My first attemp of the umbrella shot wasn't wet enough and not enugh droplets but luckily the very next day the rain was prefect for the shot I've in mind.

Hi Stan,

I love the wet shots but in particular the umbrella, your depth of field is perfect, the droplets so sharp, and B&W suits this theme. Thumbs up from me.

Thanks, Heather and very kind if you.

Both images are very good but I think the brolly wns it for me, really nicely done.

Cheers, Jim.

The umbrella for wet is pretty much the same shot I did for a theme last year it’s quite strange the amount of times we seem to come up with the same pictures :eek:

The umbrella for wet is pretty much the same shot I did for a theme last year it’s quite strange the amount of times we seem to come up with the same pictures :eek:

I remember we had Wet not long ago and I took a wet apple shot when I was in Cyprus but can't recall any others.

Liquid Apple by Stan, on Flickr

Hi Stan,

Autumn - A nice set of autumnal colours there. Not sure, but I may have gone #2 as it's more in your face.
Wet - #2 for me. The action of the drops hitting the puddle tip that in it's favour I feel.

Poignant shot Stan.

Topical
I like the composition (on the angle), the light looks good and it's well exposed.
How clean are the streets? They look spotless.

Poignant shot Stan.

Cheers, the whole city centre has been very quiet due to the virus.

Topical
I like the composition (on the angle), the light looks good and it's well exposed.
How clean are the streets? They look spotless.

Thanks, Dominic. The cleaniness is because the Town House is on the opposite side.

You can only imagine what it used to be like at that time. It must feel very eerie.

I like it Stan. The combination of the shop lights and the remaining light in the sky works well. Has a very eerie feel to it with there being nobody around.

Sad sign of the times. Great job of managing the shadows and highlights - can't have been easy to expose. I like the viewpoint you've chosen - it really shows the emptiness.

I like it Stan. The combination of the shop lights and the remaining light in the sky works well. Has a very eerie feel to it with there being nobody around.

Thanks, Pete. Obviously I waited for the bars and restaurants to close and also the blue hour for the light.

Very topical and very odd to see.
I bet it has reduced anti-social behaviours!
Nice use of f/16 for the starbursts, did the long exposure hide the odd person still there?

Cheers, Tim. There was just one person about at the time but with the combined f/16 and 6 seconds exposure he was captured in the frame.

I did managed to capture some bus light trails though but don't think the shot would fit the theme well.

Marischal Square Light Trails by Stan, on Flickr

A familiar sight recently, and an image that certainly helps to sum up the current situation. Nicely on theme (or 'topic' ;) ), nice lighting and a pleasing composition.

Your double artificial is just great - good to see Harry again, and hope he doesn't get caught in the lockdown before he can get home :(

Love the colours in your first autumn picture. The splash against the darker green is great.

Your wet umbrella is really nice - B&W is perfect for this as well.

And Topical is appropriate, if depressing...

Your double artificial is just great - good to see Harry again, and hope he doesn't get caught in the lockdown before he can get home :(

Love the colours in your first autumn picture. The splash against the darker green is great.

Your wet umbrella is really nice - B&W is perfect for this as well.

And Topical is appropriate, if depressing...

Thanks, Alex for the catch-up comments.

Fatastic images! really nicely done and so lucky to have red squirrels nearby (I presume they are nearby). Great job

Oooh, I actually think #3, you've capturing the action nicely

Number 3 for me too - great capture of food in the processing of being eaten! And very characterful with the squirrel in mid chew :)

Thanks, Tim and Alex. The monkey nut is the same one in the robin shot, right side.

Back