weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

I'm with the rest on #3 I'm afraid.. a great stance and his face is so full of character. Three really lovely "aww" images.

Reactions: rpn
Food
Great food shots. Love the red squirrel, but who couldn't love a cheeky Robin too.

Like all your food shots but I am another for number 3!

Sorry Stan thought I had commented on this, must have been just in my head :thinking: agree the third one, but all good.
We have to travel about 30 miles to see reds at Formby, but only been twice and never got close enough for a pic :(

Sorry Stan thought I had commented on this, must have been just in my head :thinking: agree the third one, but all good.
We have to travel about 30 miles to see reds at Formby, but only been twice and never got close enough for a pic :(

Thanks, Allan. That particular woodland is very small and only about 1 mile by 800 feet wide. At one time SSPCA needs to relocate some of them because of over population. I've seen grays in my back garden and also the woodland literally a couple of hundred feet from my house.

Topical - I quite like the light trails in the second version - emphasising that there is some activity but no people walking around or in the shops.
Great robin and squirrel shots - another vote for number 3.

I like both shots Stan, but it's the pea the really makes the image with the cleaver (IMO). Great concept, well executed.

Both are nice but it's #1 for me, I love the scale of the cleaver and the pea and it is lit very nicely indeed.

I like both shots Stan, but it's the pea the really makes the image with the cleaver (IMO). Great concept, well executed.

Both are nice but it's #1 for me, I love the scale of the cleaver and the pea and it is lit very nicely indeed.

Thanks, Bill and Jim. My thinking too, I thought the scale of the cleaver compares to the tiny pea makes the shot.

Cleaver and pea for me, very imaginative and executed (possible pun? :D) I wonder how it would have looked with the pea perfectly sliced in half though to demonstrate the sharpness? The scalpel one could have cut in a little and have some subtle red liquid coming out? Too gruesome? :eek:

Cleaver and pea for me, very imaginative and executed (possible pun? :D) I wonder how it would have looked with the pea perfectly sliced in half though to demonstrate the sharpness? The scalpel one could have cut in a little and have some subtle red liquid coming out? Too gruesome? :eek:

Thanks, Graham. Excellent comments there and very good points. I can see your thought process.

Nice hsrap pix for sharp :)

Very clever and great execution especially the lighting.

That's great Stan. Loving the idea with the huge cleaver and the pea and it's very well shot.

Sharp
It maybe a little excessive for cutting pea's.
I like the patina on the blade, good light too.

Even though we are living in a digital world surrounded with digital devices this theme is not any easier. My inspiration for this shot is from people taking photos of their food which seems to be quite common nowadays.

There are a few things in the shot I like to change but just have to do with what I got. The WB of the two iPhones aren't the same. One is X and the other is 8. iPad photo quility is the old, ancient by modern standard, first verion 1.

Week 44 - Digital Age

Digital Age by Stan, on Flickr

Very clever Stan I like that a lot.

That's brilliant!

Well Done Stan this is an awesome take on this weeks subject. I love the balance of the two phones keeping it true and symmetrical. Big thumbs up from me.

Most excellent idea Stan. Complete reversal of the norm. I do wonder why people have to share the most mundane meals with the rest of the world!

Back