weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

rpn

Name
Stan
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome to my 8th 52 Photo Challenge and thanks for dropping by.

One of the reasons I'm still doing this, again and again, is I like taking pictures but occasionally I actually enjoy capturing photographic images too. Another reason I enjoy is the camaraderie amount the fellow 52'ers here and the community spirit and continuous support from other photographers.

Week 52 - Showcase
Week 51 - Seasonal
Week 50 - Minuscule
Week 49 - Still Life
Week 48 - Living
Week 47 - Culture
Week 46 - Back (of)
Week 45 - Snapper's choice & Composite Technique
Week 44 - Underneath
Week 43 - Halloween
Week 42 - Irregular
Week 41 - Red
Week 40 - Architecture
Week 39 - Door
Week 38 - Autumn
Week 37 - Natural
Week 36 - Unnatural
Week 35 - Snapper's Choice & Free Lensing Technique
Week 34 - Glass
Week 33 - Clean
Week 32 - Fur
Week 31 - Hands
Week 30 - Snapper's Choice & HDR Technique
Week 29 - Dominating
Week 28 - Plant
Week 27 - Indigenous
Week 26 - Looking Down
Week 25 - Snapper's Choice & Negative Space Technique
Week 24 - Green
Week 23 - Personal
Week 22 - Up Close
Week 21 - Pattern
Week 20 - Artificial
Week 19 - Toys
Week 18 - Numbers
Week 17 - Shapes
Week 16 - Out And About
Week 15 - Snapper's Choice & Low Key Technique
Week 14 - Spring
Week 13 - Easter
Week 12 - Alive
Week 11 - Smooth
Week 10 - Rough
Week 09 - Reflections
Week 08 - Halves
Week 07 - Film (Depict)
Week 06 - Pair
Week 05 - Snapper's Choice
Week 04 - Tall & Filling the Frame Technique
Week 03 - Rock
Week 02 - Dirty
Week 01 - Fruit
Week 00 - Nearby

Last edited:
I think having a title is a great way to add a bit of information to an image. Your title really helps emphasise the peace & tranquility in the image. Love that blue in the night sky.

Very nice Stan love the row of lamp posts going off in the distance

I know it's just me, and what I've gotten used to due to the restrictions of a laptop screen, but I'm not sure it needs as much space top and bottom of the image (I did click through to flickr to review).
I think a insta crop might work better, though I give you that doing that would lose the darker parts of the sky.

I know it's just me, and what I've gotten used to due to the restrictions of a laptop screen, but I'm not sure it needs as much space top and bottom of the image (I did click through to flickr to review).
I think a insta crop might work better, though I give you that doing that would lose the darker parts of the sky.

Cheers, Tim. Excellent comments about the top and bottom spaces but, somehow, I never too keen on 'Instagram' 1:1 crop although I've post a few shots of that ratio. I always try to keep the crop ratio as camera format. Don't think I've ever cropped an image to a what-is-known-as 'b*****d' ratio.

I do like a nice night shot Stan.
And that is a nice night shot (y)

Reactions: rpn
Hi there Stan

Super exposure of a charming-looking spot. (y)

Cracking image, lovely colours and the 'star' adds a nice effect. Brilliant start to the 52 (or is it 53 now??)

I love the starburst and the line of lamps down the lane.

Nice - I like a bit of flare :)

• Haha
I love pictures like this and this one is well-taken. I can see that the pavement slopes a bit, which is not a problem but I do wish that street lamp was vertical with the edge of the frame. I can see it is not the street lamp because the house on the left has the same off-vertical appearance. Having said all that, it is possibly a case of converging verticals that you can't do much about.

Very nice - the lines of the path and the lights work together very nicely, and the night exposure has been judged perfectly.

I love pictures like this and this one is well-taken. I can see that the pavement slopes a bit, which is not a problem but I do wish that street lamp was vertical with the edge of the frame. I can see it is not the street lamp because the house on the left has the same off-vertical appearance. Having said all that, it is possibly a case of converging verticals that you can't do much about.

Thanks, Martin. Lens used was the Fujifilm 16-55mm at 22.7mm to be exact. The pavement is sloping anyway together with wide angle lens exaggerates it even more.

Very nice - the lines of the path and the lights work together very nicely, and the night exposure has been judged perfectly.

Thanks, Alex.

A really atmospheric shot Stan and the starburst really adds to the mood. Lovely leading line to the centre of the image.

Still turning out quality shots Stan! Love this, the row of lights draws your eye right down the street. Stunning blue sky and the starburst is the cherry on top.

I like what this does to my eye. At first I'm caught up in the light on the stone, then the eye wanders along the line of lamps into the far distance, leading to the tones in the sky. It kinda walks me through it.

It's a great scene, with the starburst making it, and the lane taking you through the image. I realise the reason for the Xmas lights but wish they weren't there. Have you took other images at different time of the year at the same location?

It's a great scene, with the starburst making it, and the lane taking you through the image. I realise the reason for the Xmas lights but wish they weren't there. Have you took other images at different time of the year at the same location?

Thanks, Stuart. That was the first night scene from that street although I've taken quite a few daytime shots around the area.

A lovely night time shot Stan and a great start to the 52.

Thank you, Pete.

This is what the 52 is about for me. It's about taking a theme that might be a little "obvious" and doing something interesting with it. A straightforward and simple composition but it has that "makes you looks twice" thing going on. Caught my imagination this one. Well done.

This is what the 52 is about for me. It's about taking a theme that might be a little "obvious" and doing something interesting with it. A straightforward and simple composition but it has that "makes you looks twice" thing going on. Caught my imagination this one. Well done.

Thank you, Ian. I always try to take something slightly more interesting for a theme that's simple and quite straight forward. Think about it how many different angles or methods to take a photo of fruit.

And here's a LINK to the same theme in 2017.

Back