weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

Definitely the 1st one, very spectacular and you’ve really captured the sense of movement nicely :)

I liek em both equslly - nice shutter speeds

Rocks
Both excellent photos, I'll go for the first shot though. It's got some good light touching the cliff tops.

I liek em both equslly - nice shutter speeds

Thanks, Dave. Both with Little Stopper filter.

#1 for me too Stan, the low sunlight casts a wonderful glow on to those rocks, it has a very tranquil feel about it.

Thanks, Susie. The sea was quite rough but the long exposure made the water looks smooth.

Two good ones.

The first is a very powerful image, immediately likeable, but the more I look I see something that doesn't quite add up. Can't really explain it, maybe it's freaky nature, maybe it's the result of blending two images (?)

The second is sublime. :D

Reactions: rpn
Two good ones.

The first is a very powerful image, immediately likeable, but the more I look I see something that doesn't quite add up. Can't really explain it, maybe it's freaky nature, maybe it's the result of blending two images (?)

The second is sublime. :D

Thanks, David. Could be the middle 'misty' wave that doesn't look real because of the long exposure?

both great shots for the them I like the first one best

Both well taken, but i am going to swim against the tide see what i did there ;) and i prefer the second image. There is lots of detail for the eye to take in around the rocks.

Both well taken, but i am going to swim against the tide see what i did there ;) and i prefer the second image. There is lots of detail for the eye to take in around the rocks.

Thank you, Simon. I like both and each has it's own merits. #2 for the rock face ruggeriness with the water running off its cracks and the splash of late afternoon sun on the top.

first of the rock shots for me too, love the waves, the movement and the hints of sunlight on the tops, Im not sure if it were mine I'd possibly chop the bottom third off though, but thats just personal choice.

Thanks, Paul. Excellent suggestion and very good points.

This woodland is only 10 minutes away from my house. Went there for a walk early this morning with my camera and also looking for inspiration for this week's theme.

Can I claim Filling The Frame technique too since there aren't any empty spaces in the image?

Week 04 Tall & Filling the Frame Technique

Tall by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice ICM shot.

I think you chose well to go with the first - I rather like it. It has a sort of Whoosh feel to it.

Interesting effect Stan I think the first one works better although the other one is kind of growing on me

Nice editing that definitely gives the feeling of movement through the air. I also like just the top half of the first one as an abstract

Back