weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

I really like the energy in the slight crop. Just taking the edge off magnifies the power.

But!
The real star for me isn't here. I love the 'Washed Over' shot you put in the Fuji X thread!

Thanks, Nick. For those who don't visit the Fuji Equipment thread and wondering what that photo looks like.

Washed Over by Stan, on Flickr

This was taken a couple of days previous. Fuji X-T4; 16-55mm f/2.8 + Lee Little (6) Stopper. The condition wasn't as bad then.

Snappers Choice ... good work, and the crop is a good idea.

Fuji thread ... that's fab, and I love the bit of beach FG.

Nice Photo Stan, crop works better and the other picture adds to the mix.
Waves nicely frozen and look very powerful.
I like the way it is not B&W, the slight dirty colouring adds to the power.

Pete

Snappers Choice ... good work, and the crop is a good idea.

Fuji thread ... that's fab, and I love the bit of beach FG.

I'm a big fan of both the original and the crop. Think the crop has the edge for me.

Nice Photo Stan, crop works better and the other picture adds to the mix.
Waves nicely frozen and look very powerful.
I like the way it is not B&W, the slight dirty colouring adds to the power.

Pete

Thank you, guys (y)

A bit behind with comments I'm afraid!

Tall: A lovely ICM shot Stan. I prefer the first and there are some lovely tones in there.
Snapper's: What more can I say? A lovely dramatic shot and even better with the sky crop. Love the wall of water shot too.

Dramatic and atmospheric. Great work.

Thanks, David.

A bit behind with comments I'm afraid!

Tall: A lovely ICM shot Stan. I prefer the first and there are some lovely tones in there.
Snapper's: What more can I say? A lovely dramatic shot and even better with the sky crop. Love the wall of water shot too.

Thanks, Pete for the nice words.

Choice
It looks pretty wild. Lots of nice movement, shapes and drama in the waves.

Cleverly caught, how much did you pay them to pose? :)

If you squint and use a lot of imagination, they look like penguins but the right way up; or perhaps it's just my twisted mind.

Cleverly caught, how much did you pay them to pose? :)

If you squint and use a lot of imagination, they look like penguins but the right way up; or perhaps it's just my twisted mind.

Cheers, Martin. Now that you mentioned penguins, yes they do! ;):giggle:
I thought they were mooning me as I walked past them. :)

Really nice capture, well spotted and opportunity well taken.

Bums in the air. Always makes me smile.

Snappers Choice
I'm always jealous of someone getting the chance to capture this type of image. The tighter crop from the top enhances the image but was wondering about a crop from the right to remove the smaller wave that dissapears out of the frame

Pair
Have you seen them performing before and knew you would get this shot? Perfect timing.

The cropped Snappers Choice is a great photo - and the pair of ducks' bums definitely made me laugh :D

Thanks, Alex.

Snappers Choice
I'm always jealous of someone getting the chance to capture this type of image. The tighter crop from the top enhances the image but was wondering about a crop from the right to remove the smaller wave that dissapears out of the frame

Pair
Have you seen them performing before and knew you would get this shot? Perfect timing.

Cheers, Stuart. Good point about the crop.
Yes, many times. The loch is part of the estate where I live and they are just searching for food.

Ducking and diving as always Stan :D

A well timed capture (y)

Reactions: rpn
Hi Stan

Snappers - That really does show the power of nature. Fantastic shot. However, your 'washed over' shot really nails it for me. I'm envisaging the "Wall" from game of Thrones looking at it, the water pouring over it doing a great impression of the ice from the Wall.
Pair - <Father Ted> A(R)SE </Father Ted>
Love it :)

Reactions: rpn
Hi Stan

Snappers - That really does show the power of nature. Fantastic shot. However, your 'washed over' shot really nails it for me. I'm envisaging the "Wall" from game of Thrones looking at it, the water pouring over it doing a great impression of the ice from the Wall.
Pair - <Father Ted> A(R)SE </Father Ted>
Love it :)

Thanks, Tim. I'm one of the very few who haven't watched Game of Thrones so no idea about the ice wall.

Is tha not Father Jack or Bart Simpson? :LOL:
Lb6h5Hn.gif

Reactions: LC2
You've captured the moment perfectly. Could be their comment on lockdown :D

Great timing for the Pair image, really well caught.

I haven't seen the film either. And I didn;t realise Stormies had boob armour! Not that it works. Every time one gets hit - anywhere - in the wrist for example. They die!

I haven't seen the film either. And I didn;t realise Stormies had boob armour! Not that it works. Every time one gets hit - anywhere - in the wrist for example. They die!

Cheers, Dave. Me either about the female trooper but that one was off the bay of e and she it came all the way from the Far East a little unknown country, China. :LOL: I'll be surprised if that's an official merchandise.

Back