weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

Not a fan of Star Wars never sat through them but the American beauty pastiche works well, well thought out and executed

Didn't recognise the first one Stan but the second really made me smile.

Good work Stan, I got both films depicted.
The American Beauty one catches my eye the most, well lit and I like the vibrant colour in it.

Good use of the stormtrooper to depict the film poster, I like the contrast of the red (roses) and white. the second image is very obvious ;) nice job

Reactions: rpn
American Beauty and Titanic?
Clever and I like the use of the storm troopers, and I have to agree their armour is crap!

Cheers, Clive. They sure are worse than useless.

Female starwars from china eh?

They make copy anything and everything.

Really like American Beauty. Made me smile, and is very inventive.

I've never seen a starwars film .... but I've just realised what you are doing here stan. I know titanic, haha excellent.

I genuinely laughed out loud at this one. Such an iconic movie image, totally undone.... great idea!

The shades of red are really nice!

Really like American Beauty. Made me smile, and is very inventive.

Thanks, Ian. That's the closest thing to a real model I can get.

I've never seen a starwars film .... but I've just realised what you are doing here stan. I know titanic, haha excellent.

Cheers, David. I've seen some of the SW films but not Titanic.

Love American Beauty. One of the finest films ever made IMHO. I was wanting to feature it myself, but couldn't think of anything, so Kudos. Colours are great and an excellent quirky shot.

Love American Beauty. One of the finest films ever made IMHO. I was wanting to feature it myself, but couldn't think of anything, so Kudos. Colours are great and an excellent quirky shot.

Thanks, David. I haven't seen the film but the poster was quite iconic at the time.

Film title
Got the titles straight away, definitely had a laugh at your spin on American Beauty, have you used a hole punch on a red sheet to produce the petals?

I'm glad someone mentioned the title of the film - American Beauty. I instantly knew the film but I am so rubbish with the titles. Great film and great depiction of it. And Titanic. Love it!

Film
I got them both, but couldn't for the life of me remember what the first film was called, I just knew I knew it.

Love the American Beauty one, haven't seen the film but the poster is pretty iconic and you've done a good job setting it up,

Thanks, Steve. Me too, not seen the film but remember the poster.

Both are really well done Stan, the Titanic pose made me smile, it’s the only one I’ve watched.

Thanks, Susie. I haven't seen both films.

Great idea! A fruit split!

Thanks, Second time this year so far I've been playing with apples for this Challenge.

Works well for me Stan, I think you done a good job there, those apples certainly look suitably chopped!

Thanks, Susie. Perfectly cut in twos. :)

Wow. Great idea, and it works really well. I think the dryness of the blade gives away the composite though. Background is nicely oof too. Looks like your chopper is wearing a Dr Evil coat :)

Cracking idea!

I can't comment on the technicalities of it, as that's way beyond my skills already, but it looks good to me.

Wow. Great idea, and it works really well. I think the dryness of the blade gives away the composite though. Background is nicely oof too. Looks like your chopper is wearing a Dr Evil coat :)

Thanks, Ian. Excellent comments there and very good point about the blade. I should've added a few drops of red food dye. ;)

haha excellent. Your trickery is most effective.

Back